Stan

BigPapa351
Ride
Rocket 3 GT
Looking for new set of bars.
I have a GT model, but I feel that handlebars are too wide for splitting lanes.
Has anyone changed to something more narrow ?
Photos and details please.

Looking for new set of bars.
I have a GT model, but I feel that handlebars are too wide for splitting lanes.
Has anyone changed to something more narrow ?
Photos and details please.

I think your only option right now is the R handlebars directly from Triumph. Not sure if they are any slimmer. After market support is very minimal at the moment. Being that every thing on this bike is over sized universal parts are mostly out of the question.

it would be a challenge to take everything off the current bars take them to a fabricating shop and bend them in, then re powder coat, used to bend UJM bars at home but they were a lot thinner material

I haven't actually examined my bars to see if it's possible, considering the internal wiring, but i sawed 1 1/2" off each end of the bars on my XR600 and it made a big difference.

I haven't actually examined my bars to see if it's possible, considering the internal wiring, but i sawed 1 1/2" off each end of the bars on my XR600 and it made a big difference.
Having switched the R bars for the GT bars myself and examined both, I would say that this is not an option. Everything has it's place on the bars and the grip portion narrows to a standard very skinny diameter (7/8"?) from the 1 1/4" majority. The mechanisms for holding the switch gear on are propriatory, they are all but sealed units that do not split and require a special tool (luckily my dealer gave me one) to release them.

This is going to be one tough bike to customise the hell out of handle bar wise... what with CAN bus electrics and internally routed cables etc.!

Having switched the R bars for the GT bars myself and examined both, I would say that this is not an option. Everything has it's place on the bars and the grip portion narrows to a standard very skinny diameter (7/8"?) from the 1 1/4" majority. The mechanisms for holding the switch gear on are propriatory, they are all but sealed units that do not split and require a special tool (luckily my dealer gave me one) to release them.

This is going to one tough bike to customise the hell out of handle bar wise... what with CAN bus electrics and internally routed cables etc.!
Thought as much.. Oh well.

A jeweler’s screwdriver, while not ideal, will work as well.
a few are security screws, that have flats that tighten only... there are ways around it, but for the price of a few quid for the correct tool, why bother trying get around it and void any warranty on those parts?

Back