Want to Buy *Found* Rearset for 2009 Classic

slkmorse

Ethanol Free
Ride
RIII Classic '09
I'm purchasing a 2009 Classic with footboards & forward controls, and I would like to install a rearset - more my riding style. Once I get a rearset installed, my forward controls will be available for potential swap if someone's looking to do the opposite. Will have pictures soon of my controls if interested.

Do you mean you are looking to swap out floorboards to foot pegs?
Yes & no - wanting to swap out from footboards to pegs but also the position with the rails - mine will have the forward position that I want rearward with a different rail config

So you are looking for roadster rails with pegs, new shifter linkage, new brake master cylinder, etc.

I have a full set of take offs from my roadster when I put floorboards on

So you are looking for roadster rails with pegs, new shifter linkage, new brake master cylinder, etc.

I have a full set of take offs from my roadster when I put floorboards on
That sounds right. Once I pick up the bike this weekend I'll know better where I'm at. If you've got a full set that would work perfect. Sounds like most go the opposite direction I'm going and put floorboards/forwards.

Yes I have full set including the shifter, linkage, brake lines for rear brake, master cylinder, bolts, pegs, etc. I had no idea when I started the floorboard change that so many parts are not the same when you swap out the rails. My set is complete take offs from 2011 roadster. I will be a a costal bike trip next week, so can answer questions but no pictures until I get back from the ride.

Yes I have full set including the shifter, linkage, brake lines for rear brake, master cylinder, bolts, pegs, etc. I had no idea when I started the floorboard change that so many parts are not the same when you swap out the rails. My set is complete take offs from 2011 roadster. I will be a a costal bike trip next week, so can answer questions but no pictures until I get back from the ride.
No rush, I'll be in touch for sure. Enjoy the coast!

Finally getting around to posting pictures. Turns out it has forward pegs, not footboards as I had thought. I love the bike so far, couldn't be happier with the condition, brand new set of Cobras as part of the deal. The forward position is wearing on me, but I'd still like to try the roadster position, so I'll likely keep my forward controls while trying a roadster set, then decide which to keep. Still interested in any roadster sets.
20210402_123552.jpg
20210402_123557.jpg
20210402_123603_HDR.jpg
20210402_123612_HDR.jpg
20210402_123616_HDR.jpg

I still have a full set of roadster rails, pegs, shifter, brake pedal, brake resivoir and brake lines if you are interested.

Back