First Forum Feeling Clumsy

LouisianaG3R

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Rocket G3 R
Hello! As my title suggest I am a little nervous on navigating my first signed up forum. We all love motorcycles so I’m betting y’all will help / accept me anyway. My initial plan in my transition to sport to cruiser was the Yamaha VMAX. That didn’t work out, and man I’m glad it didn’t! I found what I perceived to be a good deal on brand new 2021 G3R and now its mine. What I immediately would like to do is turn my fender, fender sides, mud guard, and heat shields to carbon fiber. Trying to pick out my exhaust and I believe I’m leaning towards the Zard black. Oh and replace those huge US turn signals with Rizoma although I’m not even sure which ones. Any advice on which company for the carbon fiber parts would be greatly appreciated as would suggestions on the turn signals and exhaust. Almost forgot the main question. Has anyone had issues with their cruise control. My bike has 250 miles on the odometer and it hasn’t worked yet in the 9 days I have owned it! Well now I will head to YouTube and figure out the proper way to post in forums, should have done that first. I’m pretty sure this was supposed to be an introduction of myself. (That next to last sentence should pretty much cover that).

Thank y'all very much for any advice whatsoever!

WELCOME! to our R3 Family and Forum. Don't worry about posting, just keep the caps-lock off and you'll be fine :) Enjoy the search function and know there's a ton of good info to be had and folks to learn from. BTW, take YouTube with a grain of salt. Not everyone who posts knows what they are talking about.
How long have you been riding? Is this your first Triumph or next? Any photos??
Have FUN! and ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG

MIG,
Man thank you for the quick welcome! I already feel better. On that first post I just pretty much rambled all the things I was quickly trying to get together before I take this beast in for its first service. After I posted it I realized I just need to take my time and snoop around the forum for the questions on this particular bike. This Is not my first bike, but it is for sure my first Triumph. I love this thing! Ill be completely honest at 44 I have no desire for fast corners and risky adventures on Louisiana backroads on sport bikes anymore. That being said when Im 99.9% the coast is clear that 30 to 130 with this bikes amount of twist is something else. I don’t think that’s ever going to wash off of me. I have to figure out these aftermarket carbon fiber parts first, and I’m sure there is the information on this forum. Unlike the japan machines its easy but I’m finding it hard to find reviews on this bike as far as fitment and quality. I found the parts listed on Motocomposites.com but not one single review. I’m not worried about the heat shields because Ill just tack that on to my Zard exhaust order, well I haven’t even ruled out the Werkes yet.. Yeah I’m never gonna make it with the stuff I want before it’s first service. LOL. Thanks again man and I couldn’t be happier riding a proper motorcycle now. BTW a more rational individual would probably just get this one piece at a time, but me I would just rather cough up the cash all at once and get the pain over fast!

WELCOME! to our R3 Family and Forum. Don't worry about posting, just keep the caps-lock off and you'll be fine :) Enjoy the search function and know there's a ton of good info to be had and folks to learn from. BTW, take YouTube with a grain of salt. Not everyone who posts knows what they are talking about.
How long have you been riding? Is this your first Triumph or next? Any photos??
Have FUN! and ENJOY your new Perma-Grin :thumbsup: :cool:
-MIG
Nobody likes a yeller, Good advice!

Welcome from arizona Tip #1 At the top of the thread it says watch If u like that thread and want to follow along and have it come up in the alert box u just tap then it will ask u to choose to send email or not then click save

Welcome from arizona Tip #1 At the top of the thread it says watch If u like that thread and want to follow along and have it come up in the alert box u just tap then it will ask u to choose to send email or not then click save

Welcome new Rocket Captain. These models are new so aftermarket parts are just coming around. The TFC came with carbon fiber accents and they do look sharp on the bike. I’d recommend buying as you can even though that “extra” cash is burning your pockets. This thing is fun ain’t it?:thumbsup:

Oh man Im finding that out. This is one awesome forum, I’m just nervous about posting around in the wrong thread or asking some question that has already been hashed out on here. I can tell that everybody here seems to be great people. I have had this thing for like 10 days and having problems putting it up! I’m trying to hurry up and get to my first service miles so I can get my cruise control issue fixed. I’m going to wind up getting a ticket on this thing not even trying. Little disappointed that the dealership delivered me this fine piece of work without everything working. Oh well cruise control or not this bike feels different than any other motorcycle I have ever ridden period! I LOVE IT.

Don't worry about posting in the wrong thread, or asking previously answered questions. Everyone here has done the same thing, many over and over. We still let them stay. :) Click on the Forums tab at the top of the page. That will give you a list of all available sub forums. Since you have the new model many of your inquiries will likely fall in the 2.5L Rockets section. There is also a Search function that works (sometimes). If you ask something that been rehashed someone will likely post a link to the previous discussion to help you out.

Everyone here was new at one point. Some of us when they first started putting motors on bicycles. You'll find that there is a wealth of information here, not only in things posted but in the heads of some of the most knowledgeable people you could find anywhere. So, welcome aboard, and ask away.

Back