competant dealerships in central Florida

Ridefree

Supercharged
Ride
2013 R3T .... 2003 Harley softail
Hi All I've got the dreaded "paint can rattle" on my 2013 R3T so i need a competent dealership to take her to. I Live in Orlando and am willing to travel some distance if necessary to get some one who has actually been into a rocket engine before I'm not comfortable with the dealership in Orlando because of sloppy work in the past. I am looking at the dealership in Spring Hill or the one in Daytona. Does anyone have any suggestions and how was your experience with them.

Thanks in advance.
Ridefree

Funny that you mention wrist pin. I hadn't read anywhere that a wrist pin was a known suspect in the paint can rattle but the dealer told me the think it a wrist pin. Noise comes from the right side, as you sit on it and in the middle of the engine in line with the #2 cylinder.

Funny that you mention wrist pin. I hadn't read anywhere that a wrist pin was a known suspect in the paint can rattle but the dealer told me the think it a wrist pin. Noise comes from the right side, as you sit on it and in the middle of the engine in line with the #2 cylinder.

Yeah, happened to a friends bike a few years back.

Turns out it was a bad cam chain tensioner guide. The pivot point where the lower bolt goes through was not molded correctly from the factory allowing allot of clearance and movement. shoe was rattling around making the noise. Should have the bike back this Saturday.

There should be a thread for dealerships in each state that have been patronized. You could state your experience and whether it was good or bad so others can have a heads up before they use the shop.
(Other countries also)

Back