Want to Buy catless link pipe for rocket 3 roadster

kvsmann

hi I want hatless link piper for rocket 3 roadster currently have tors want to make it louder
thanks

hi I want hatless link piper for rocket 3 roadster currently have tors want to make it louder
thanks

The crossover/link pipe is cat-less in the Roadsters, the cats reside inside the mufflers, which is why they weigh like 30lbs each. The crossover/link only has a horrendous, restrictive square engineering nightmare connector box.

The crossover/link pipe is cat-less in the Roadsters, the cats reside inside the mufflers, which is why they weigh like 30lbs each. The crossover/link only has a horrendous, restrictive square engineering nightmare connector box.
I want to make that a straight pipe I currently have the tors on my bike. I'm sure there is something inside that square box. have heard people change the link pipe to Dave platt or viking link pipe, it becomes deeper and louder I've heard. my rocket sounds great I just want it about 20 to 30 percent louder. pls guide if possible
thanks a lot

I robbed a few earlier threads of pics/comments to summarise.
The 1st series R3's from 2004-2009 with 3 pipes had a similar looking 'lumpy' crossover box/collector that contained the large and heavy cat.
1601776546966.png

The later 2010 - 2018 R3 Roadsters with 2 pipes like yours had Cats in their large muffler cans and a still 'lumpy' but cat free cross box/collector.
You will gain nothing from TORs alone. To increase performance you need more air + fuel in the right amounts then it has to go somewhere more exhaust. Its a package that all works together. In my case Ramair crossover TORs and tune = 157 HP.

1601776075490.png

You now have cat free TORs 2 pipes with the stock 'lumpy' box/collector. This box has some welded in gas directing plates but overall it is a flow reduction to what is possible with a decent crossover pipe like the Viking ones from NZ member @Paul Bryant.
E-mail to paul@vikingexhaust.com
Early version:
1601776311666.png

Paul's new larger VIKING Diameter one, Black ceramic or any other finish desired.
1601776130399.png

Other options on eBay include Dave Platt from the UK
As said by somebody already ;)
"looks like a copy of Vikings, but with crap bends and mounting brackets.
There's no point have a larger diameter tube if it is stepped down at the ends.
A tube will only flow as much as it's smallest diameter."

1601776759403.png

and jamesoffroad123 on eBay Mudgeeraba, QLD, Australia
1601775965554.png

That is a good start for your research.

I robbed a few earlier threads of pics/comments to summarise.
The 1st series R3's from 2004-2009 with 3 pipes had a similar looking 'lumpy' crossover box/collector that contained the large and heavy cat.
1601776546966.png

The later 2010 - 2018 R3 Roadsters with 2 pipes like yours had Cats in their large muffler cans and a still 'lumpy' but cat free cross box/collector.

1601776075490.png

You now have cat free TORs 2 pipes with the stock 'lumpy' box/collector. This box has some welded in gas directing plates but overall it is a flow reduction to what is possible with a decent crossover pipe like the Viking ones from NZ member @Paul Bryant.
E-mail to paul@vikingexhaust.com
Early version:
1601776311666.png

Paul's new larger VIKING Diameter one, Black ceramic or any other finish desired.
1601776130399.png

Other options on eBay include Dave Platt from the UK
As said by somebody already ;)
"looks like a copy of Vikings, but with crap bends and mounting brackets.
There's no point have a larger diameter tube if it is stepped down at the ends.
A tube will only flow as much as it's smallest diameter."

1601776759403.png

and jamesoffroad123 on eBay Mudgeeraba, QLD, Australia
1601775965554.png

That is a good start for your research.
my main motive to put these on is increased bassy sound. I want the bike to sound more deep and loud with just the tors. nothing else I am happy with the performance . also will I require a tune after this free flow link pipe? I currently have the tors map on which the triumph company gives .

I would add that Paul's crossover fits perfectly and uses the existing mounts and you can use the existing rubber mount bushings if you can carefully remove then from the OEM box.

my main motive to put these on is increased bassy sound. I want the bike to sound more deep and loud with just the tors. nothing else I am happy with the performance . also will I require a tune after this free flow link pipe? I currently have the tors map on which the triumph company gives .
Just buy one, fit it, easy job. It will not require another tune if you already have the TORs map from Triumph as that is already a cat free, good flow tune. Ride it, enjoy it and if it is not loud enough sell it on the forum or eBay. They are very light and post cheap or on your International travels put it in your suitcase. The reason they keep a good proportion of their original cost when sold used is that they are pretty much wear free and any damage is easy to see.

The key is the quality of welding and fit and finish. Buy cheap junk and it will cost 75-80% of quality stuff from new but will suffer from less flow, pinholes in crap welds and as the pipe is supporting the rear cans, vibrations from road shock etc may crack bad lumpy uneven welds that some do not even try and grind off before paint etc. If you have all that crap on the outside it is often worse on the burnt through weld's inside, causing reduced flow and moisture rust traps. So when you buy one or check one out take a good strong flashlight and shine it down one end while examining the other. Even with the bends you will get a good view of the inside usually unfinished surface to check weld quality, penetration, rust, gas flow splitter alignment etc. You also get to see welding inside that has not been ground off to assess quality.

Back