Whiskers

.020 Over
Ride
R3 TFC
The first and last time i posted on here was with regard to corroding bolts on my rocket 3. My plan was to drum up some support and get Triumph to replace them which would seem pertinent for a 25k premium motorcycle .

Few were pleasant and understood which i apreciated and others just the usual sanctimonious keyboard warriors that quip I havent cleaned them amongst other bollocks who in my opinion should go and make love to themselves.

I swore to myself i wouldnt bother posting again as i havent room or time in my life for bull****. However I feel a duty to fellow R3 owners to share my latest experience.

My back brake failed which made for an interesting ride approaching a bend at a rapid rate of knots. No fiasco no crash no damage but obviously could have been fatal. Been back to the dealers who admit there is a problem with them and that internally Triumph are arguing what it is.Obviously not going to prevent you from running in to te back of something.

Had the brakes bled and seem to be ok at the moment.

So do with the info what you will just to make you aware and to keep checking the pedal is not soft.

Sorry you didn't enjoy your first "dip in the pool" here. We are definitely an acquired taste! (we're a bunch of wise crackers)

You may benefit from a search of prior threads about rear brake failures, it is a documented problem. Some are fixed by a brake bleed and some others require more extensive repairs.

rear brakes prob. also effects front
some have taken to dealer multiple times to bleed
some dealers bleed 4 to 5 times with the triumph tool and they have success
hth

similar experience with my GT. Been back twice so far to rectify. holding out at the moment.

I'm curious if you have taken your Rocket in under warranty and they fix your rear brake problem with a bleed and then it returns after the warranty is up they will honor the original warranty work. I had mine done and have gone maybe 3K and it is just starting to feel a tad spongy. Much different after they bled it last time it was hard after an inch compression. I hope I'm wrong and time will tell although I'm thinking the 2nd bleed didn't work or was only temporary. They stated they bled the rear before I bought it when it was new after it arrived at the dealer. I'm thinking that may be a fib. I don't use the rear more than 10% of the braking and the pads still look good. I guess to be continued...

Back