Simon_SA

.020 Over
Hi. Simon here. Just yesterday took delivery of my "out of the box" 07 R3, in Mulberry Red (without the tribal design).

I stay about 50km (30miles) south of Johannesburg, South Africa.

This is a good country for biking generally, although one has to travel away from my area to find some good twisties.

Our RATs are very active and there are plenty of R3s. Fortunately we have a fairly "inactive" traffic police system so high speed cruising is not a real problem.

As I said, the bike is just awsome. Last year I revived my biking career after the usual marriage/kids/divorce/alimony gap by getting a T100. Did 6000km (3750 miles) before deciding a) it was a little under-powered (we are at 5500feet asl) and b) i was really enjoying being on a bike again.

Cheers from Sunny S.A.

Welcome Simon!!

I'll bet you will put on a bunch more miles now, no more worries about being underpowered. Its nice to have a group of friends to ride with. You will have to post some pics of South Africa during your rides sometime. I'll bet its beautiful :D

I hope you join in...

Tomo

Welcome and thanks for the bio. You got one of the first 07's I've heard of. I had no idea the elevation near Johannesburg was 5,500 feet above sea level. When you take your first trip to sea level your 07 will really rock!!:cool:

Be safe out there, but once in a while ride like you stole it.:D

Last edited:
Come see us

Hey Simon SA, fit that thing with an oxygen bottle & snorkle tube & bring her here for us to see. Of course, that is, when you get time.

Congrats on the new Rocketship. Have a blast, I know a lot of us are.

Simon_SA said:
Hi. Simon here. Just yesterday took delivery of my "out of the box" 07 R3, in Mulberry Red (without the tribal design).

I stay about 50km (30miles) south of Johannesburg, South Africa.

This is a good country for biking generally, although one has to travel away from my area to find some good twisties.

Our RATs are very active and there are plenty of R3s. Fortunately we have a fairly "inactive" traffic police system so high speed cruising is not a real problem.

As I said, the bike is just awsome. Last year I revived my biking career after the usual marriage/kids/divorce/alimony gap by getting a T100. Did 6000km (3750 miles) before deciding a) it was a little under-powered (we are at 5500feet asl) and b) i was really enjoying being on a bike again.

Cheers from Sunny S.A.

Welcome Simon:
Enjoy R/3, you won't be sorry. I also traded a T-100 on my baby. Just one question, do judges in South Africa award the X-wife everything you ever considered yours to include cars, houses, dogs, cats, and a place to store your underware. They do over here. I'm not BITTER anymore and have rebuilt my little kingdom. Again welcome, got to go the wind just blew over my refrigerator box again.

Back