Tune question

Correct. New wideband o2 sensor replaces oem narrowband o2 sensor. Kit comes with the plug to cap off the ecu o2 sensor wire.

What intake and exhaust do you have? For the stock Rocket, Dobek recommends for A/F targets:

GRN 13
YEL 13
RED 12.6
GRN/BLU 13
YEL/BLU 11.8
RED/BLU 12.7

What do you use for your setup?

Stock intake with under seat snorkel removed. Stock exhaust manifold with 2 of 3 TORs and 1 stock pipe.

Grn 13.2
Yel 14.2
Red 12.5
I don't remember the switch point numbers off hand. I tweaked them from Dobeck's recommendations.
Grn/Blue fuel pump was OK.
Yel/Blu I changed so the unit would go into yellow sooner just a touch of idle. You want the unit to go into yel/blu just above idle so you are getting the benefit of the unit.
Red/Blu I changed to go into red at about half throttle twist.

Stock intake with under seat snorkel removed. Stock exhaust manifold with 2 of 3 TORs and 1 stock pipe.

Grn 13.2
Yel 14.2
Red 12.5
I don't remember the switch point numbers off hand. I tweaked them from Dobeck's recommendations.
Yel/Blu I changed so the unit would go into yellow sooner just a touch of idle. You want the unit to go into yel/blu just above idle so you are getting the benefit of the unit.
Do you need to "save" the results or just set the targets and that's that?

Grn 13.2
Yel 14.2
Red 12.5

Sorry, more questions from me o_O:
1) Why 1 stock pipe? & No cat box, right?
2) What tune are you running with the AFR+ ?
3) Can you really tell any difference with snorkel removed?
4) I don't find on their webpage any brackets to mount to bars. obviously with your fairing, not an issue. Do you know if they offer bar brackets? Where did you mount the controller?
5) Other questions I will think of later :rolleyes:
Thanks guys,
Clint

1 stock pipe because all 3 TORs were to loud for me.
I started with 20226 and since I have TuneEcu I loaded the fancy 20050 with the decal thing.
Yes ... maybe ... but we all did it so long ago ... just do it to yours.
Dobeck has handle bar mounts. He sold me on for $20. Just ask Dillon.
The main controller is under my seat 2 sided take/Velcro to the top of the tool kit.

1 stock pipe because all 3 TORs were to loud for me.
I started with 20226 and since I have TuneEcu I loaded the fancy 20050 with the decal thing.
Yes ... maybe ... but we all did it so long ago ... just do it to yours.
Dobeck has handle bar mounts. He sold me on for $20. Just ask Dillon.
The main controller is under my seat 2 sided take/Velcro to the top of the tool kit.

Ok, hopefully, last question :whitstling: with the 20050 did you leave 2ndries 100% open?
I want to try & load the 20050 that dougl also suggested this weekend to see what that does

Yes and no. I opened them 100% but saw 3 dips on the dyno. I closed the 2nds to 75% at 2500, 2750 and 4500 rpm. That little tweak got ride of the power dip at those rpm and smoothed out the curve to maintain a nice continuous rising line as it should be.

Yes and no. I opened them 100% but saw 3 dips on the dyno. I closed the 2nds to 75% at 2500, 2750 and 4500 rpm. That little tweak got ride of the power dip at those rpm and smoothed out the curve to maintain a nice continuous rising line as it should be.

Before adding the AFR+?

Back