Tune question

Super D.

Supercharged
Ride
2005 Rocket 3 Standard Black, Flyscreen
I have a 2005 Rocket 3 Classic, with TOR's and no CAT. I am going to put on the RamAir set up, and was wondering the best tune that I should go with. Also, with that set up should I expect any increase in horsepower and/or torque?

What set up do you have Tuneboy or TuneECU plenty of tunes floating around for both and yes you should notice a difference now that it can suck some air:D by the way if your bike is a 2005 you have a standard model the classic did not come out till 2006

I have a 2005 Rocket 3 Classic, with TOR's and no CAT. I am going to put on the RamAir set up, and was wondering the best tune that I should go with. Also, with that set up should I expect any increase in horsepower and/or torque?
Before you put a Ramit on try this tune:

If this doesn't do it for you and you put the Ramit on, you could try this, for what you have plus Unifilters - this tune didn't work so great for me:

If that doesn't work, you're in for a hassle.

Before you put a Ramit on try this tune:

If this doesn't do it for you and you put the Ramit on, you could try this, for what you have plus Unifilters - this tune didn't work so great for me:

If that doesn't work, you're in for a hassle.

I am going to run tuneecu, but I thought before I started yanking things off... Maybe do a little research. I have read a couple of threads about the +/- of the KN/RamAir swap out, and it seemed to me that a few years ago, that was the way that most people were going for "a inexpensive" upgrade for more HP/Torque. Now the pendulum seems to be swinging the other direction.
I had always thought that less restricted breathing and less restricted exhaust = more HP/Torque. (In layman terms). Another tune might be needed, but that would be the end result. In reading some recent threads, it seems like a lot of people are leaning towards leaving their set up stock.

I didn't see anything "specifically" for my setup, so I thought I would run it past the experts. Thanks for all of your help in the past, this forum has been a WEALTH OF KNOWLEDGE!! And I do appreciate the help!

What tune is in it now ? AFR control is paramount with intake and exhaust mods. Take a look at the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus.
So with this, I can leave the tune as/is, install this system, and it will autocorrect the AFR on the fly? If that's correct, SOLD! Done and Done!

So with this, I can leave the tune as/is, install this system, and it will autocorrect the AFR on the fly? If that's correct, SOLD! Done and Done!
If you have the stock tune in it, then power is restricted by closed secondaries. Before you put in the Ramit, install the first tune I posted. It's a dyno tune for your setup, unrestricted.

If you have the stock tune in it, then power is restricted by closed secondaries. Before you put in the Ramit, install the first tune I posted. It's a dyno tune for your setup, unrestricted.
Sweet! It's ON! Thank you for the help. I have everything off now getting it painted. While I have everything assessable, I'm going to do all of the ripping and yanking. I will po's some pics, going from red to black, and some odds and ends. Looking forward to getting it back on the road.

I had a PC5 with Autotune on my old VRod, and you had to run it, up load the data, then re-map it... Pain in the ass.
But if if this truly does it on the fly, it REALLY IS A AUTOTUNE, and I'm all in.
Thanks again.

Back