Throttlemeister Heavy or Standard?

Thats why I like throttlemeisters.you can set it so htat you can wind em back manually as you ride, if the need t odeccellerate arrises all of a sudden.There is no need to have a throttlemeister wound tight.

I ve never seen a Throttlemeister,only on the net

Onthe bar snakes, why not save some $$$ and just fill some rubber tube with lead shot with a bung in both ends??

Why not stop being a cheap ass and buy the real thing :mrgreen:

I suppose the rubber and lead might work,I was thinking the bar snake polymer has been tested for the best anti vibration qualities.Density is no guarantee against vibration.
Maybe you could just do what Harley did on the road king and mount the handlebars in jelly rubber.

Well i could post a picture of my throttlemeister ,but what value would that be, considering all the photos available on the net?They work+they dont look anything different than regular bar weights.

Cheap arse...indeed. just encouraging innovation and creativity!:stirthepot::catfight:

I just picked up a used set of Heavy-Long, and it arrived w/o any install instructions. Should it have?
Thanks!

I know I've posted this several times over the last 5+ years, but here goes; I take the stock bar end off, epoxy or glue the bar end pieces together so they turn as one and use a 1" faucet washer to go inside the grip and a 1.25" to match up with the throttle grip. You may not need the 1" depending on where your throttle sits on the bar. This creates a friction lock you adjust by turning the bar end. On long trips I set mine to just enough drag to hold the throttle. I'm comfortable with this as I've had bikes from the '40s and '50s that didn't have return springs and Super Glides that came stock with friction locks.
Yes, I know this makes me a cheap bastid, but try as I may, I can't think of one reason to spend $100+ to replace something that already works fine for me. YMMV

Back