Throttlemeister Heavy or Standard?

MountainMan

Supercharged
Ride
'08 R3T - Ol' Blue
I know more than a few of you guys have the Throttlemeister throttle lock. Is there a preference as to whether the heavy or the standard is preferred?

I have the std on my 05. While I haven't tried the HVY, the standard does the job quite well with no noticable vibration.

....and I have the heavy version I took off my R1200GS and it also does the job just fine. If you're very sensitive to handlebar vibration the heavy version would probably be better, if not, the standard should be fine.

Harry, does the version for the R12GS fit the R3T w/o modification? Throttlemeister PN for the R3 is FH & ATT-3-H (for the heavy) and the PN for the BMW 1200GS' w/ heated grips are FH & AB11-Hm (also for the heavy). I also notice that the prices for the BMW units are another $22.

Perhaps it's the "******-Licking Dog Theory."

Oh and Gorge get the fluted ones I think you will like them better I did and I believe they are easier to adjust with gloves on. I really love mine and have had them for 3 years :cool:

Yeah, they work just fine. I never bothered checking to see if there were different part numbers, I just slapped them on since I had them sitting on the shelf.

I also use a Throttle Rocker. Without that thing installed I find that I slowly tighten the Throttlemeister as I ride. I've never liked the grip angle on the R3T and I think I compensate for it by laying my hand over the end of the grip, thus tightening the Throttlemeister.

Go with the Heavy Danielson :)
Oh and wax the bike like this wax on wax off !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Many Thanks, Sensei. I was going to try for the shiny ones, but I hadn't thought about the operations element.

And that extra five bucks will get me a pint of Guinness down at the local watering hole (an important consideration).

I've been checking eBay the last few days, but nothing comes up for the R3 or the R1200 GS. Any other suggestions for not having to pay the $150 retail?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back