vanguard138

Living Legend
Ride
2013 Rocket III Touring
Go figure, I am 80 plus miles from home and my throtle cable breaks!

Crap!!!!! I guess they are only good for 23,000 miles...

Quit twisting it so hard. ;) How did you get home? I worry more about clutch cables than throttle cables, that's surprising.

I am not home, I am with the bike. I have AAA hut I believe the towing limit is 50 miles and Classic Motorsports in Traverse City is about 75 miles away. I have access to a trailer, but no way of getting it. Ha ha ha. Left a message for a friend. Hope he calls and is not too busy.

AAA comes through, tow.truck on the way and no charge to me. I am covered up to 100 miles. Just costing me.riding time on a nice.day. And me.hauling it to Triumph tomorrow and waiting for.them to have the time to fix it..

Do you have heated grips? If yes, I'm betting your cable didn't break but the housing holding the end of the cable did. Common problem with R3Ts with heated grips.

I know he has the heated grips was woundering if that is where it gave way

Yes, heated grips. Tow company came with a shxt box trailer. Broke ramps loading her. I had to back the little trailer up to a bank to load it. Hope we make it. On the road now. I let him know that they take full responsibility. Also told them this trailer is for a medium size bike!!! At this point it is the only way to get it home....hopefully...

Back