Make sure you change the front and rear suspension and the handling difference in the twisties will be absolutely night and day. Completely different bike. The suspension has been improved in recent years but still nothing close to aftermarket shocks. If you do this I don't see you having any problems whatsoever in the corners.

Make sure you change the front and rear suspension and the handling difference in the twisties will be absolutely night and day. Completely different bike. The suspension has been improved in recent years but still nothing close to aftermarket shocks. If you do this I don't see you having any problems whatsoever in the corners.
Are you recommending this for the Touring? I know the two bikes are almost completelly different in design and handling and I just want to make sure.
Thanks.

After reading this thread, I realized I have been too focused on the power (or lack thereof) on the new Roadster. As I posted somewhere before, there is the expected result and am relatively happy with the performance. That being said, I am now noticing that the ride of the Roadster is as good as or even better than my 06 STD with progressives. Way to go Triumph!

Welcome to the site.

Nothing (commercially) is as powerful as the R3. That's what the permanent ear to ear grin comes from. If you'd rather frown and bear it...stick with what works.

Done thinking about it. I just stopped by the dealer and gave my deposit for a 2012 Touring. I pick it up Friday. I will miss my Tbird. It is a great bike.

Brought it home this morning. Amazing bike. At the first service I'll add Rivco risers (I've put risers on just about every bike I've ever owned) and wire my GPS (somewhat new to the area and like to get lost and then push "go home.") If after riding during the fall I decide I want a Russell Day Long seat, I'll do that over the winter. And that should about do it. Still can't figure how they sell this bike for a relatively low price considering what you get. Mine is a 2012 which has more stuff than the 2013 for the same price. I look forward to learning from this forum.

Wonderful!

Quick tip: No cover made by man can withstand the Rocket's heat. So if your in the habit of tossing a cover on your bike after you turn off the ignition, wait a good hour or so before doing that on a Rocket...

Wonderful!

Quick tip: No cover made by man can withstand the Rocket's heat. So if your in the habit of tossing a cover on your bike after you turn off the ignition, wait a good hour or so before doing that on a Rocket...

Thanks for the info. I usually do wait quite a bit before I cover the bike. How hot does the bike get riding it? I really didn't like riding Harleys in the very hot weather. My Tbird was a lot better. I'm assuming the Rocket is better that the Harleys. At least I'm hoping so.

Thanks for the info. I usually do wait quite a bit before I cover the bike. How hot does the bike get riding it? I really didn't like riding Harleys in the very hot weather. My Tbird was a lot better. I'm assuming the Rocket is better that the Harleys. At least I'm hoping so.

My Rocket runs nowhere near the heat of the 07 fatboy i had..i only really notice it
when sitting at the lights and the fan cuts in..i don't find it excessive

Ray

Back