Roadster or R3 standard exhaust?

pballwiz

.020 Over
Switched out my standard three pipe exhaust for the Roadster dual pipe setup and just wondered if anyone new which exhaust flowed better or made more power. I know some will say why bother but I really like the looks of the Roadster exhaust and it sounds better too. I wanted to keep the decibel level down for my wife in the sidecar but the Jetson mobile sound just didn't cut it.

Don't know of anyone switching stock for stock. Did you need to modify the mounts on the side or did they come with the pipes?

Don't know of anyone switching stock for stock. Did you need to modify the mounts on the side or did they come with the pipes?

I have!

Bought new silencers and main brackets on Ebay for £200 from a guy who trike'd his Roadster, then got heat shields, cross-over pipe and other odds and ends from dealer for £250.

Don't think the flow is much different, no performance gain or loss as far as I could tell - used the standard tune. Sound was better though and I'm happy with the result. Had enough of loud exhausts after 14 years on Harley's, they gave me tinnitus. :(

I got the complete exhaust from the Roadster including all brackets. Had to do a little mod to mount the cat box but only a minor one. I'm also using the standard tune with secondaries opening full quicker. Same as I had with the triple pipe setup.

I have had both, and my ass-dyno tells me the roadster flows more, and my ear-dyno tells me it soundz better too, thats my opinion. Don't ask what looks sexier, my dick-dyno has no opinion on that.

Back