R3 Oil Temp Guage-Triumph Accessory?

RobTremblay

.020 Over
R3 Oil Temp Guage NO LONGER AVAILABLE???

R ocketl ll
LCD Oil Temperature Gauge/Dipstick

Checked with my local(Toronto) Triumph dealer - they say this item is no longer availabe for the R3? Is this correct? Does anyone have this in stock? If not, is there an acceptable similar part to fit in an R3 Oil Tank? Thanks for any leads! Cheers. :confused:

I use the analog version from NewR3 like Dragger posted the link too. I see it stuck in most oil tanks I happen to glance at, HD's especially. It's a popular dip stick temp gauge.

Had it for couple years now and the oil temp all depends on how long and in what conditions you are operating. It's not like an "inline" temp probe that reads heated oil from the block so for example, the reservoir tank dip stick has been as high as 225F in cases of hot days in Philly traffic. Typically it stays under 200F around 180F-195F at operating temps.

oil temp

I remember reading somewhere on this forum or the other one where some guy had a Harley temp gauge in in R3, I cannot find the post but he did say certian Harley models temp gauges will fit the R3.
Anyone know which models?

I think the oil tank fill hole is standard for about everything. The dip tube is just something that might be different lengths and can always have a level scratched into it for whatever you are riding. The stock R3 tank cap is WAY larger than the actual hole that's, what ... about an inch and a half?

Robert, that digital gauge has been out of production for well over a year. Occasionally, one pops up on eBay.

Thanks to all for your help - Note to tdragger - the site says only the analog temp guage is available, says the digital version is discontinued. Cheers!:(
That digital version was a dumb idea anyway ... you had to push the button to get a reading. Leaning over to push a hot button on the side of the engine just to read an upside down number on the oil tank didn't sound like such a good idea to me at the time I was buying one. :rolleyes:

Saw one at one of the RAA's.
Young gentleman had JBWelded a cooking (like turkey) thermometer to his cap.
drilled a hole, JBWelded it in place and was very satisfied with his $3.00 gauge.
I don't remember who it was, do you HeR3tic?

Back