Needed #1 Plug Wire

biker1059

Turbocharged
Ride
Rocket GT
Just as the title says, I need the #1 plug wire and boot. Changed my plugs this afternoon and had to actually tear the boot up on the #1 plug to get it off the plug. The other five came off with no problem. So if anyone has upgraded their plug wires I would be interested in buying the #1 plug wire and boot. Bikebandit only sales the set.

Plug wires are one of the things in the upgrade kit. I know Baxter's in Iowa has mine and probably several others. Might give them a call and ask for Gus.

Thanks Pig9r, Gus is the man! He is going to call me back in about an hour after he puts his hands on one. He says hes done about 11 upgrades on Rockets. I'll bet he's pretty good at it. Thanks again

Has anyone got the definitive information on what Triumph's policy is, e.g. VIN number cutoff, required symptoms before they'll do the upgrade? I have a 2007 that's doing just fine but it has less than 5K on it. Reading the posts, some of the failures that qualify for the upgrade don't totally disable the bike immediately, but some do. Some high mileage bikes have never had a problem. I could have the paint can rattle develop while I'm riding locally, so no big hassle getting it to the dealer, but other issues could also cause the bike to totally crap out on me while I'm on a trip 2000 miles from home, which would be a major problem. I understand Triumph's desire not to immediately eat the cost of a recall of all of the bikes, but that leaves their customers at risk. I think they should face up to the issue and go public with a policy. They could reduce the risk to customers, and to the goodwill value of the brand, if they did something like making it a regular part of the 20K service unless a symptom develops earlier.

Back