Need some advice on spending my money

zman8537

.040 Over
Ride
2014 ROADSTER
OK, the anticipation is getting the best of me! I want to do some mods to my new roadster. I am pretty much convinced on a CES Exhaust System. It is the other stuff that I am unsure of. This is a little overwhelming going from a good running 02 carbureted Bonneville America to a beast that is computerized and I am one computer illiterate individual. So I am looking for advice on what else I am going to need to make this run properly. I also want to switch out my stock air cleaner to go with, at this time I am thinking K&N Pods or possibly Ram Air setup. Do I need a Power Commander or???? Now I am seeing info on O2 sensor bypass. Do I need to buy tunes or can I just download??? CES offered a Power Commander Plus Tune with tune loaded and an O2 bypass to run open loop. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated. I think I want to order exhaust as soon as possible as the AUD is low right now which makes for a better deal for me. Help me Spend my Money!

Ok, well I would go with the CES headers and a single 2/1/4 system with a ramair and buy the PCV and tune they offer as I think it was a dyno tune with there system I would ask Trevor as CES to confirm this. cesracing@bigpond.com.au
Every one has the own idea about filters but that's my opinion and oh and I would also buy an Oz claw from @ozrider both my brother and myself have them and they are great and they let in a little cleaner cooler air than you will get from the standared bear claw

If you are willing to modify the bearclaw I'd recommend the K&N RX-4040. If you are planning to keep the bearclaw intact, the Ramair is probably the best flowing.

There are a few people who can help you with tunes. Tune ECU is free and works well. The cable is only $20. I'd hold off on the PCV for now.

For the non-computer literate folks the Dobeck Performance AFR Plus is a great way to spend your money. You get a lot of bang for your bucks with this fuel controller. No dyno tuning needed to use it properly. Great performance gains and fuel economy gains.

Send your money my way cos I can be very helpful in this department.....:thumbsup::whitstling:

I get to play with 4 Rockets on a pretty regular basis. A '13 Roadster with K&N 2780's, PCV+AT, CES Exhaust system and a dyno tune that I call my Red Headed Slut. '09 Standard with PCV, K&N 2780's, Reband exhaust and dyno tune that I call my Blue *****. '05 Standard with TuneECU applied tune, K&N 2780's and Predator exhaust (friend's bike) and a '12 Roadster with stock intake, TORS and stock Triumph TORS tune (friend's bike). As you can see they vary greatly and all are fun to ride. After dabbling with them quite a bit here is my considered opinion...I wish I had some of the money back that I've spent chasing a few more horsepower in a piecemeal fashion. What I should have done is saved my money and either sent the bike to Carpenter or purchased the necessary gear from the bloke in the shed and been done with it...OR left well enough alone and spent the money on gas. Unless your riding skills are such that you can use all of the HP possible from either Carpenter or Lush (not sure mine are) you may be better off leaving her as she is. If you look at @Steel avatar and think he must be crazy to ride like he does (I can attest that it isn't photoshopped) you may want to follow @mully95 advice and leave her stock and RIDE THE $HIT OUT OF IT until you are ready to plunk down the cash to send her to one of the big boys for a serious upgrade. :D:D

WOW! I must be getting old...never thought in a million years I would ever give that advice :(:(:(:(

Here's what you should spend your money on...
image.jpg

Back