My thoughts on crashing the Rocket 3 at Bonneville

Justdad

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Thruxton R
This crash at Bonneville has been haunting me for a few weeks, so I wanted to take one more look at it in this video.

Honestly I'm still confused but I'll move on. Bottom line as an experienced Bonneville Salt Flats racer I should have not used up all the safety margin.

Lesson learned about pushing the envelope and making assumptions.

This crash at Bonneville has been haunting me for a few weeks, so I wanted to take one more look at it in this video.

Honestly I'm still confused but I'll move on. Bottom line as an experienced Bonneville Salt Flats racer I should have not used up all the safety margin.

Lesson learned about pushing the envelope and making assumptions.

You can watch the video many times, and I'm sure you have, and possibly see something new every time. But it's only one camera and one view, will probably think for a long time, what happened, what if, many questions and not as many definite answers. Team worked well together and had a good plan to succeed, but conditions appear to be major problem. Team is made up of riders/racers and once you start, you go for it. Just wasn't going to happen this time, but if decide to try again, whole effort will be better prepared due to everything learned from this effort. You as the rider did what was expected of you, you went for it. Forget the what ifs and move forward to what's next. Looks like recovery is going well. Keep it up.

You can watch the video many times, and I'm sure you have, and possibly see something new every time. But it's only one camera and one view, will probably think for a long time, what happened, what if, many questions and not as many definite answers. Team worked well together and had a good plan to succeed, but conditions appear to be major problem. Team is made up of riders/racers and once you start, you go for it. Just wasn't going to happen this time, but if decide to try again, whole effort will be better prepared due to everything learned from this effort. You as the rider did what was expected of you, you went for it. Forget the what ifs and move forward to what's next. Looks like recovery is going well. Keep it up.
Great advice.....thanks

Back