I thought they were all braided stainless.. Just some were coated black, and some were clear.. Mine is a standandard with clear braided lines as well..

cables

ive got 12.5 inches tall t bars.2inch thick.classic clutch is 3 inches longer.routed cable inside triple tree instead of outside.fits and works perfect.

ive got 12.5 inches tall t bars.2inch thick.classic clutch is 3 inches longer.routed cable inside triple tree instead of outside.fits and works perfect

Thanks Roosie. That's one massive set of bars. I see you've got the Standard III (albeit greatly modified - bet it goes like a rocket - boom boom).

I ride a Touring, so I'm actually after the difference between the Standard/Classic and Touring clutch cable lengths. Dealer doesn't have both in stock, nor the ability to verify the lengths at present.

Pete

Just as an aside........
When I put the stock bars back on, I set the clutch cable looser than previous (bad management, not deliberate). Had a heck of a job finding neutral on my test ride. Made a minor adjustment to the cable when I got home, and neutral's back.

This will be of no interest to the cogniscenti of course, but might be worth a look for those mechanically challenged, like me, who have expressed a concern about the difficulty of finding neutral.

Pete.

Back