PeteOZ

Supercharged
Hi Guys,
I just spent a very unproductive couple of hours trying to install my new 10" mini apes. (Christmas present from The Chosen One)

I put these on all my cruisers as they give me a better wrist angle and better fit my 6'7" frame.

Shazam.....my original eyesight check of cable lengths was out and the clutch cable is toooooo tight when turning the bars. I looked at rerouting but nothing appears practical.

I doubt anyone will be making 2" over cables for the Touring as yet, so does anyone know if the Touring shares the same clutch cable as the Standard and Classic.

You can order whatever length you need from Barnett.

Thanks Pig:eek:. Been using Barnett cables all this time and never looked at their site.

Is there any advantage in going stainless for the clutch cable or this only an advantage with brakeline performance ?

I'll call their lone Sydney distributor today and order a couple.

Pete

pete,
the stainless is more attractive in the aesthetic sense. it matches the oem stainless brake line more closely than the black cable does .....

greg

I have 10" rise with a 10" pullback and at 6'4" all is OK, not perfect. I took the clutch cable from behind the plastic thing and clamp and let it run straight down, no problems but I would like to see the Barnett so I can return to stock look and maybe go more radical one day. Pictures?

I have 10" rise with a 10" pullback and at 6'4" all is OK, not perfect. I took the clutch cable from behind the plastic thing and clamp and let it run straight down, no problems but I would like to see the Barnett so I can return to stock look and maybe go more radical one day. Pictures?

Thanks GreyFox. The Aussie made Burleigh Bars are 1.25 and 39" wide. Running outside the plastic cover still didn't give me enough. I was expecting a "ping" as I moved the bars to the right, so I didn't push it too hard.

I have asked CruiserCustomizing to source the Barnett cable for me as part of my Brakeaway throttle lock and Showchrome tire pressure monitor order.

They're a lot quicker in general than the Aussie distributors. I'm sure there are some top Aussie distributors out there for one offs like this, but I just haven't found them yet.

No photos for a couple of weeks.

Pete

oops, sorry Pete. Thought you had one of each like the standard does. my bad.....:eek:

Thats interesting Greg. Stainless brakelines on the Standard, eh? I wonder if that's why some riders/reviewers report that the brakes appear more effective on the Standard than on the Touring, even taking its greater weight into consideration ?

Pete.

Back