Ibroke the throttle cable yesterday

I broke mine recently. Bike shop nearby makes up new inners. Maybe that's your best option to get mobile again if you can find someone that does it. I'd also order an OEM (complete) spare, especially if you're planning a trip.

Think i might order one as a spare this is something that can be overlooked and catch u out at a really bad time. Hasnt happend to me yet but im sure it will at some point. :cool:

I broke mine open throttle cable last week at 11000 miles. I managed to drive back home by changing the position of the closing cable at the throttle cam by putting it on the open cable place and thus wristing upwards instead of downwards. Maybe there is other way for quick fix but that's what came to my mind on the road.
Anyway, quite a short milage for expecting such a surprise.

What's the most reliable cable for an '08 Classic?

Check out Barnett Performance Products. They have a great low friction cable that many guys I know love.
Have ordered custom cables from these guys and will tell you what i think when I get them. I'm getting extended cables to allow more room for risers etc but they have standard kits for your bike.
Barnett Performance Products | Products | Cables

I bought ASpare Set just so they can gather dust cos you know that if you have a spare it will never break, that and I check and lube my cables with teflon lube periodicaly

Just for the Info of the Aussies-- to buy here they are twice the price as opposed to buying from NCY= $60 for the two cables here in Auss= $120

Back