How many of you Trumper R3 owners had the dreaded BROKEN DETENT SPRING ISSUE & what yr. and milage or Kilometers, just taking a survey

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    141.2 KB · Views: 9
My detent spring broke at 48,000kms. But i have only owned the bike a couple of months, I can't be sure but there were no signs that the front of the engine had been opened up before so I'm guessing it was the first spring breakage for this bike.
The bike lasted about another 1000kms more and now the clutch lifter or lifter shaft has broken 😭 (I won't know which until I open it up, again).
So I've owned the bike 3 months and had two decent problems with it 😢.

P.S. I couldn't find the broken end of the spring, i dragged the whole engine/tans with a tiny strong recovery magnet and used a borescope with no luck. I'm guessing it's stuck in a pump screen somewhere, no sleep lost.

Last edited:
Well it's done, couldn't find the small hook broken end, hopefully it comes out with an oil change. Forgot to bend up outer ring/lock on original nut, guess that's why they tell you to replace and I did. Needed an impact gun to get old nut off but everything else went fairly smoothly but be careful with the plastic top crome cover top of radiator, forgot or couldn't get spacers to fit in and cracked half the tab off the secure tab/hole. Shifting fine again. Thanks everyone, hopefully this helps someone else. 😉 oh and I didn't take the tire or fender off

Back