How many of you Trumper R3 owners had the dreaded BROKEN DETENT SPRING ISSUE & what yr. and milage or Kilometers, just taking a survey

Wdugan9080

Supercharged
Ride
2008 Triumph Rocket 3 Touring
Hi fellow R3 owners I have a 2008 R3T with just over 49,000 miles on her, pretty sure spring is broken, having shifting issues, problem finding all gears, going to tear it apart soon as I get a chance, but almost positive that's the issue, clutch adjustment spot on. Hopefully I can find that little Ba****d.
Has anyone had any issues putting together without finding whole spring, besides not sleeping at night ;-0:mad: I guess I'll check the thickness of the clutch plates and see if it's time to replace, any help appreciated, don't know the avg. distance out of a clutch with normal riding. Seems to grab good.

Thanks R3 Owners Group, Great Group

Last edited:
Clutches usually dont go bad unless they are deleberty tore up.
i know one bike with 231000 miles same clutches alought the lifter and arm failed.
a lot of people have had the spring break
finding the other piece of spring maybe a little/lot of work?

I also have a 2008 Touring, my detent spring broke at about 30 thousand miles. (found all of it) After it was repaired I only got about 3 thousand miles before the clutch lifter arm and lifter piece broke.
In my opinion the clutch on the Rocket is pretty much bullet proof but all of the clutch actuating parts are problematic.

My 07 is still oridgenal still good
knock on wood
Hey Turbo good to hear from you and see your still here, it's been awhile since I've been on here, Take care buddy and all you trumper's be safe and thanks for the replies.
Anything else I need to order besides the spring, cover gasket and basket holder tool? I'll check the clutch arm ad pushrod and of coarse the disks and plates. And I read on here the basket nut is 22mm? And I'll read IDK's signature page for the detent spring again and I have the manual.

Last edited:
Back