Gentlemen, need your help - Gauges

ro6ert

Supercharged
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3
Want to fit new gauges to the Rocket since I have put a new handlebar on the bike and it makes the gauges stick out too much if you ask me. Found this interesting little piece and would love to fit it.

It is probably possible but I am not sure and I do not wanna spend the money just for testing purposes. Mailed the dealer in Germany but they have no experience when it comes to the Rocket (surprise) and they are not sure it if can be done. They asked me if there is a Can-Bus in the existing gauges and that I can disconnect them to find out. If the bikes starts or not. Have no idea what this is.

Captains, please advice.

The bike, see the gauges.
r3_poseidon.jpg

Motoscope Mini from Motogadget:
http://motogadget.com/en/digital-instruments/digital-speedo-mini/motoscope-mini.html

I don't know about that one, but there are a few who have fitted Dakota Digital gauges.

Then again, you wanted help from gentlemen, so I suppose I shouldn't have answered at all. ;)

Not worried about readability Idaho.

Just trying to figure it if it is going to work with this Motogadget thingie.

Seen the Dakota ones, nice. This one is minimalistic, like that :)

Thanks for the advice though!

Feel free to post links to the similar ones, would really appreciate that.

looks nice to bad it doe snot have any engine warning lights say for oil pressure and water temperature. I think the Dakota ones are the best all around with more plus I believe there is a how to install on the sites. Of course if it does not fit your taste buds there is nothing wrong with looking around for others. I would say if you find one with the same warning light combo and the rest of the gauges functions it should be pretty easy to wire up using both diagrams. Hopefully it comes with a good pig tail and diagrams.

Last edited:
the instrument panel does not contain any single wire for data.
the obdii connector has the data wire for the communication of a device to hook up and it goes to computer.
if you tie in at the main gauges harness you will have to use each wire(example speedo,temp., neutral light ect.)
if you use the one wire (plus pos and neg) whatever you hook up has to the capability of communicating
with the computer
you might have some one else come on to explain it better.

Back