G'day Day from Australia - Ressurecting a wreck!

kazjim

.020 Over
Ride
'07 Riii Touring
G'day all, picked up an '07 Riii 'Touring' a few weeks ago, and slowly repairing it from the previous owner.
He had a little crash at the front, and I've replaced the forks, steering bearings, had the triples straightened and doing a few other things.
On the lookout for a few last pieces and finally joined the forum to try to get some answers to some odd questions!
Cheers!

IMG_6747.jpeg

For those following along, I took the Riii out on it's maiden 'road test' yesterday, and it went surprisingly well!

A pinhole in a second-hand radiator I picked up (Have a new one on order, and will get this one repaired as a 'spare') and the streering felt quite light - GOing ot have another go at the steering head bearings to try to get that - never done that part before, so all a learning experience!

I was surprised by how light it felt once on the move, but reversing into my driveway (Slope up and then down into garage) was challenging . . . will have to find a way to get it in and out of there easier :p

Cheers!

1692591585993.png

Nearly there....

Today's parts - new tyre (Bridgestone Excedra 150/80/16)
Radiator - I ordered black, but they sent silver . . . guess it's getting painted black one of these days . . . .

IMG_6939.jpeg

Off for another road test tomorrow, then book in for Blue Slip (NSW 'first registration' - annual inspections are a pink slip)

IMG_6943.jpeg

G'day all, picked up an '07 Riii 'Touring' a few weeks ago, and slowly repairing it from the previous owner.
He had a little crash at the front, and I've replaced the forks, steering bearings, had the triples straightened and doing a few other things.
On the lookout for a few last pieces and finally joined the forum to try to get some answers to some odd questions!
Cheers!

IMG_6747.jpeg
Afternoon mate. Have a good one 🤙🏻

Back