Fuel smell

laraza

Turbocharged
Ride
09 R3 Classic
My 09 R3T has been stuttering and surging when moving off ans when trying to hold a steady throttle at low revs. Now I can also smell fuel when I first start the bike. I have reinstalled tune 20368 as I run TORS but to no avail and have checked the connections to the coils.

I have a pretty limited mechanical knowledge so am hoping someone can help?

Check you vacuum hoses going to the throttle bodies, also check the fuel pump mounting

I don't know if the Touring gas cap is similar to the Standard/Classic/Roadster. A couple of times I did not close the gas cap all the way and it blocked the vent somehow. This created a vacuum in the tank and the bike ran like crap. When I opened the gas cap, the sucking sound was noticeable. After closing the cap all the way, it ran just fine.

Have reset the adaptives with tuneecu, also did the 12 min tune to be sure.
If it had carbs you would say its running like its flooded :(

I'll check both of those today Mitz, thanks

to the left of the pic you see Throttle (third down) where it has 0.64v

If I understand correctly, that is the TPS voltage. Mine is running high. I was told that it should be 0.57-0.59v.

When the bike is running it could be in a bunch of places. You need to set it with the ignition on and the engine not running following the procedures and instructions for setting the ISCV (or TPS). It is a 5 minute job to reset the Primary TPS.

If it corrects the problem, but the problem returns within a couple of hundred miles, and then you reset it and the problem returns again, then you will need to replace the Primary TPS.

When the bike is running it could be in a bunch of places. You need to set it with the ignition on and the engine not running following the procedures and instructions for setting the ISCV (or TPS). It is a 5 minute job to reset the Primary TPS.

If it corrects the problem, but the problem returns within a couple of hundred miles, and then you reset it and the problem returns again, then you will need to replace the Primary TPS.

If its not too much too ask would you mind doing a step by step on the procedure so I know I'm doing it right? Cheers

Back