Air horn installation.

When I remove them from the bike, I'll mail them to you. You can put them in your museum & give "me" honorable mention. That's all I ask.

P Clamps

Rusty - the P Clamps? How did you get them onto the engine guard? Did you stretch them open and if so what of the chrome finish? Any cracking or peeling. I have a Stebel due to arrive anytime.
I've given thought to installing it under the side cover; but, I 'm more inclined towards blasting the 130dB forward as you have.

Hey HeR3tic, Kuryakyn has a couple of "hinged" clamp styles to choose from ((2 pieces with removable hinge pin) . They run about $20 each. They have a "Magnum Quick Clamp" and also what they refer to as a "P clamp. As you may see from the photo of my mounting, I choose the "P clamp" style due to the ability to "offest" the mounted device by slipping the clamp on in different orientations (the Magnum is symetrical in shape). You can find these in the JP Cycle catalog or on-line at JP Cycles. I was fortunate enough that one of the local bike shops here in town order often from JP and did not charge me any shipping, just the clamp cost. I styled the mounting bracket myself out of 1/4 x 1" and #10 ga. x 1" bar aluminum, heated & bent into the shape I desired. I had the bracket pieces powder coated "Mirror Black" as you can also see. The powder coating was to be $10 but the guy did it for free after I stated I'd put some of his advertising out at work.

PM me for more info if you wish. Good luck.

See ya.

I just installed the same model but 139 db! Available by Autoparts for $49.The information sheet states clearly that it should be out of water projections and it's why I installed it just behind the left painted side cover and it fits perfectly with it's relay out of the elements.
This thing is so noisy that you don't loose any performance, you would even thing that's the all bike that is screeming. If any interrested I'll post the pictures.

I mounted it in the left side cover as well and it is **** loud, I've got a short video with sound somewhere, the video sound doesn't do the horn justice but you can get an idea of the tone of the horn from it.

stebel

i'm gonna put mine in the airbox. it's empty with holes in the bottom. be out of the elements for the most part.:) can't do much about this south texas humidity though:(

greg

Back