2013 Roadster crossover question

BigBlockRocket

.060 Over
Anyone know if the crossover in the 2013 Roadster is free-flowing or is it restricted with baffles (or something similar)? Just wondering if it's suggested to replace it with something like the Staintunes crossover or just leave it as is if it's not restricting the exhaust flow.

I was just searching for that same info. Here's what I believe to be true. Older rockets without ABS had the cat in the can. Newer rockets with ABS have the cats in the mufflers. The can on the ABS models is much smaller, and I read somewhere, it's hollow. This is to allow room for the ABS unit. Also stands to reason that if they had the cat in that can, it would probably get so hot it would melt the ABS unit. Still waiting for someone that has had one in their hand, to verify this.:confused:

Yeah, I was just wondering if the new R3R crossover has straight through tubing or if it has any intervening material to restrict flow. Installing TORs is one option and if I go that route, I'm trying to get some info on what to do with the stock can.

Well, looking at the size of the box that comes on the ABS models, there is not enough room for any kind of a cat. I read somewhere, someone had one off, and said it is empty, but has some restriction to it.:confused:

Anyone know if the crossover in the 2013 Roadster is free-flowing or is it restricted with baffles (or something similar)? Just wondering if it's suggested to replace it with something like the Staintunes crossover or just leave it as is if it's not restricting the exhaust flow.

BigBlockRocket,Its not a cat but it's not empty, it has pipes inside look's like (Bad Plumbing) you can cut it out & weld it Backup !

be interesting to see what it looks like inside, because it must be thin wall stainless to allow so much of the trailing throttle pop-back noise that i hear to escape...

there's no way that noise could get out of those honkin' great mufflers with the cat inside them...

Yep, I's very restrictive

Yeah, I was just wondering if the new R3R crossover has straight through tubing or if it has any intervening material to restrict flow. Installing TORs is one option and if I go that route, I'm trying to get some info on what to do with the stock can.

Take a look at some of my posts on the touring exhaust crossover. We eventually determined that the touring and roadster crossover were the same, right down to the manufacturing stamp on them. I posted a pic of the stock crossover showing the internals. Basically it is a hollow box with three pipes. I does not direct the exhaust flow and my only guess is triumph uses it for a resonator box, because it does quiet the exhaust tone. My D&D pipes were noticeably louder after I fabbed my own crossover pipe,,,,,but it also (as my last dyno session proved) produced a lot more free-flowing exhaust and more power.

Back