Torquex2

Supercharged
Ride
Tr3r. VN2000
I mentioned in a previous post about how I start n run my Kawi periodically during storage months to keep it lubed, and prevent lifter ticking. I wasn’t familiar with how the R3r reacted to only having a warm up twice a month. I’ve done it a few times now since last ride day in October. No problems. It’s now freezing out, n snowing. I have a good closed garage, but no heat. So it goes down to ambient temperatures. Started it two weeks ago as the temperature started dropping. Noticed an unusual ( by my standards) amount of exhaust condensation. Started it again today in much colder conditions. Holy 💩!!! Got a frickin steam bath in my garage. Ran my VN2000 at the same time....No measurable condensation coming out of its pipes??? Is it normal for Triumph to do this under cold start conditions?

I mentioned in a previous post about how I start n run my Kawi periodically during storage months to keep it lubed, and prevent lifter ticking. I wasn’t familiar with how the R3r reacted to only having a warm up twice a month. I’ve done it a few times now since last ride day in October. No problems. It’s now freezing out, n snowing. I have a good closed garage, but no heat. So it goes down to ambient temperatures. Started it two weeks ago as the temperature started dropping. Noticed an unusual ( by my standards) amount of exhaust condensation. Started it again today in much colder conditions. Holy 💩!!! Got a frickin steam bath in my garage. Ran my VN2000 at the same time....No measurable condensation coming out of its pipes??? Is it normal for Triumph to do this under cold start conditions?

Wow that sounds cold i have never seen that lol

I start mine up the odd time when it's slightly below freezing but any colder than that... no. Why put the strain on the starter/engine and small battery. It's interesting that the size of the batteries in our cars, even for the smaller 1.5 liter engines is huge compared to the battery in our 2.3 to 2.5 liter Rockets. This gives them the ability to hold that voltage and current flow when a larger than expected drain takes place during extra cold starts. Manufacturers expect their bikes to be run in above freezing conditions for the most part. I've never seen a block heater on a Rocket...

With my older Rocket, there is a lot of condensation that comes from the pipes and mine doesn't have the CAT installed. If you still have the CAT in your exhaust, you will get even more condensation because one of the byproducts is water in both liquid and vapour form.

Oh, and speaking of steam baths, we have one at our cottage on the lake. Regularly have the temps climb to between 150F and 180F. You should see and feel the steam coming off those rocks when you hit them with water! There are 3 benches at different heights in the bath. If you want the heightened experience, climb to the top bench but be ready..... We usually start the steamer up even before the ice is totally off the lakes.

And if you want the whole experience.... go for a steamer in your birthday suit...

Only if it's co-ed. Looking at a fat 60 year old man sitting on the top bench with his testicles resting on the first bench? Nope, not for me. Seriously though, I do like the steam and dry sauna at my gym. I always wanted to try the cold lake, sauna repeat experience. This coming from a guy that bitc*** when it's under 70 degrees. I would like to experience that at least once. :thumbsup:

I start mine up the odd time when it's slightly below freezing but any colder than that... no. Why put the strain on the starter/engine and small battery. It's interesting that the size of the batteries in our cars, even for the smaller 1.5 liter engines is huge compared to the battery in our 2.3 to 2.5 liter Rockets. This gives them the ability to hold that voltage and current flow when a larger than expected drain takes place during extra cold starts. Manufacturers expect their bikes to be run in above freezing conditions for the most part. I've never seen a block heater on a Rocket...

With my older Rocket, there is a lot of condensation that comes from the pipes and mine doesn't have the CAT installed. If you still have the CAT in your exhaust, you will get even more condensation because one of the byproducts is water in both liquid and vapour form.
This is the first winter that I keep the bike’s and my truck hooked up to battery tenders. So I don’t have to worry as much about battery drainage. I almost never drive my truck. And it has an irregular electrical negative draw somewhere in the system. The Tender has really helped to keep the battery topped up even with that problem. So I think they’ll work great on the bike’s.

Back