metzeler rear tyre

lonsomecrow

.040 Over
There are different models available for rear tires from mitzeler like ME880 140/80HB-15, ME77R 400H18 T/L METZELER, ME880 180/70HB-15 REAR METZELER etc.

So which one are the best?

Lonsomcrow,

The only alternative to the 240/50ZR16 from Metzler at the present time is a car tire. Avon is close to releasing one that will fit, but the cost is supposed to be higher than the Metz and tread life is still a big question. I have a car tire installed on my Rocket and even if the price for the Metz was the same as my current tire I would not be going back to it. I'm currently running a Toyo Proxes in 245/50VR16, cost was $104.00, I installed it myself and I'm crippled. Do a search for "Darkside" topics and read about your only alternative for the Metzler rear tire.

Joe

Yeah, the guys are right on. The only readily available rear OEM replacement is the 240/50VR16 Metzeler. The others listed won't fit stock rim. Dunlop has a new tire that could work but it isn't readily available since it is an OEM only part.

The Darkside is the way to go whether you are a sport rider or not. My current favorite tire is the Bridgestone Potenza RE-01R. It is only available in 225 wide size for 16 inch rims though. Next best for performance riding is the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS/D3. The other ones are also good but I can't speak for how well they work with extreme cornering.

Back