Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
Has anyone sourced main bearings other than triumph?

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    151.7 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0331.jpeg
    IMG_0331.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0330.jpeg
    IMG_0330.jpeg
    192.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0329.jpeg
    IMG_0329.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0328.jpeg
    IMG_0328.jpeg
    186.6 KB · Views: 13
Has anyone sourced main bearings other than triumph?
I couldn't find any other suppliers but think there has to be other companies who make them. What I don't like about Triumph bearings is they color code them vs. marking size on back of bearing shell, rods and mains alike. This caused me some anxious hours, as mine had lost the colors. Triumph bearings hold up well, I'm satisfied with their performance.

Never had the need to, and having spent quite some time working on Rocket cranks.
Triumph ones are like €9 for pins and €11 for mains, have no recollection of any issues with them ever so never saw the need to spend time looking & testing elsewhere.
Why do you ask?

I knew you didn’t cause i study your threads, and i was like, heck i know R-111-Turbo has studied this but has not elaborated anywhere, so this was like a pm to you, 😬, knowing you knew about them, whether bi-metal or tri-metal. Thanks for replying, and yes, you are the crank master and so much more! Im asking for a future build im working on. 😬

I couldn't find any other suppliers but think there has to be other companies who make them. What I don't like about Triumph bearings is they color code them vs. marking size on back of bearing shell, rods and mains alike. This caused me some anxious hours, as mine had lost the colors. Triumph bearings hold up well, I'm satisfied with their performance.
Being in US I was looking for Federal Mogul or Clevite which I'm more familiar with, nothing against Triumph bearings. I have had good experiences with Triumph bearings and they perform well.

Back