Cake files for bankruptcy | Record breaking electric motorcycle manufacturer in financial difficulty

MCN

Living Legend
cake.jpg
Swedish electric motorcycle firm Cake have filed for bankruptcy in their home city of Stockholm, the UK arm of the business has confirmed to MCN. The niche electric brand was founded in 2016 and...

Continue reading...

cake.jpg
Swedish electric motorcycle firm Cake have filed for bankruptcy in their home city of Stockholm, the UK arm of the business has confirmed to MCN. The niche electric brand was founded in 2016 and...

Continue reading...
Looks very uncomfortable. It also looks rather basic....If IKEA made motorcycles, this would be it.
I just can't see the appeal in something that looks so unsophisticated when compared to other comparable road legal enduro bikes. Could that be the reason, or did they try to run before they could walk, financially??
...or.... perhaps using the brand name Cake, meant that no one realised it was actually a motorbike and instead thought it was just a very expensive piece of confectionary..........

Last edited:
Probably because it's an EV. 🤢🤮
Could be.........Bottom line for me is that i'd rather eat cake than ride it. :thumbsup:

I bet they thought the name Cake would be a funky/cool brand. I just can't quite imagine what was going through their minds when they decided on that idea.
Maybe someone had put something in their cake at coffee time.... 🤔

Last edited:
Oh yes.....and it isn't 'zero emission' .
I read this week that there is going to be a ban on advertisements and other marketing media that glibly state 'zero emission' regarding these EV's.

Hate to see a motorcycle company go out of business, they chose the wrong name, wrong look and wrong engine, not a good recipe in this very competitive 2 wheel world

Don’t know anything about them, but wonder what will come out after their audit. Their product development team might need some additional budget 😁

Back