RocketEd

Supercharged
Ride
'10 Roadie
Just a heads up for those who use Bike Bandit for parts, Triumph dropped them as distributors last month.
Sucks.

Agreed. From what I've read they blindsided BB with this. BB had just reached a distribution agreement with Triumph a few weeks before the plug was pulled. Speculation is dealers were complaining about getting beat up on parts sales/prices by BB. Even if you didn't need parts the parts diagrams were real handy for figuring out what fit where on what. Don't know where to go for that now.

Not sure I like where it appears Triumph is going. They've been forcing a lot of dealers out who either didn't want or couldn't afford Triumph's new emphasis on lifestyle instead of bikes. They're eliminating dealers at the same time they're making the bikes more complicated and ECM access proprietary. All while raising prices.
I like Triumph and have owned a few, but I don't see me ever buying another new one.

You fellas in da US wouldn't know but Suzuki tightened up their US dealer parts network some years ago to stop dealers who were selling bits internationally. The effect here in Oz, fr'zample, was that we now HAD to pay Oz prices for such bits.

The DL1000 regulator now costs us around AUD450, whereas we could previously import one for half that, landed.

Protecting their OWN Oz pricing/profits as much as the dealers.'

Triumph dropped the price of these a few years back from around $2500 to around $750.

Whoever listed your price is wrong.

Back