For Sale '05 R3 Bobber, $3000

JackMcCornack

.020 Over
Ride
2004 Triumph Rocket III
It turned into a bobber thanks to somebody not paying attention to the road, it got rear ended, everything behind the turn signal mounts is gone and there's lots of cosmetic damage to the left side. My shop in Creswell did not survive the plague, the rent exceeds the income, so we're downsizing to one fewer location and will be gone at the end of August. So it's sell it or store it, and I'd be delighted it my bike found a good home by somebody who would like to finish customizing it.

10100 miles, new fuel pump, injectors coming back from servicing on Wednesday (yeah, I was foolish, and left it stored for a dozen years or so and the fuel stuff got gunked up). I bought it because I wanted to put the engine in a replica of a late '50s LeMans racer, but a decade and a half later, I haven't done it yet, so time to get real.
1598280599227.png

You can read more than you ever wanted to know about it on my local Craigslist add, at...

PS: If somebody would like the chassis and running gear and title and such to make an electric motorcycle (or just to part it out), I'll pull the power plant and engine accessories (which will include the wiring harness; EFI, y'know) and sell the rest of it for a grand.

Yeah, I still want to build that car. Sigh. I'm like an old fire horse that runs around the pasture every time it hears a firebell. Or like how old sea captains, no matter how long they've been retired, still get that rush whenever they hear the cry, "Women and children first!"

The injectors arrived, they went in nicely, the bike runs great, and if I don't have any nibbles in the next couple days it'll go into storage until spring. It's in Creswell Oregon, yes it's ridable, but the tires are fifteen years old and have hardened to roughly the hysteresis of ace combs and bathtub stoppers. So maybe one should ride it to a bike shop and get the tires replaced, before getting too hooney.

Back