Won't start - need advice

BuffaloR3

.060 Over
Haven't dug into it yet but I'm currently living at a hotel (out doing some military duties and no barracks) so my resources are limited. I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. The bike was left out with a cover on for the first time and I had signs of heavy condensation. Turn the key and the gauges do the usual sweeps, press starter and it goes dead for a split second and does the sweep again. Will keep repeating this. Battery is fine. The first time, just once, it tried to turn for a split second but hasn't attempted to turn the starter since.

Arrrgh

Because of the power it takes to turn over such a big motor these things are very sensitive to battery connections.Pop off your seat and snug up both terminals.

See if you have a loose battery cable or maybe some corrosion around the cables to it,clean them if you do. Check the battery too for how much voltage is in it too.Need at least close to 12 volts,11.7 or more Id say. Good luck.

If memory serves the 2006 and some years near there were succeptible to ignition switch problems due to "loose" connections on the back of the switch. There are plenty of posts about it on the forum. Just do a search and lots of info available. Lots of folks have done fixes before having to spring for a switch. Good luck.

Yes there were numerous switch issues early on. The pattern of symptoms was wide. I too, with an 07 and left over crap parts, had switch issues early. A full gage cluster has been the latest default.

I seen where a hotel repair was done at a RAA Rendezvous in Maggie Valley, a couple years bak. A soldering iron and tool kit may confirm an ignition isssue. Good luck!

A pimple negative ground corrosion may be as simple as it is. Or a totally screwed CPU.

Back