Winter sux bad. Ozzies, tell me about Sunshine and warmth!

ricochet

Rocket Captain
Ride
2012 Rocket III Roadster
So here we are, in the middle of January.. supposedly the coolest time of the year, and where I live I am assuming I wont be on the road till March or April at the minimum.. not only because of the temperature, but our roads are FILTHY with brine and salt... its awful. They turn white when it gets really cold.

So I am requesting on behalf of my cold weather rocket captains, for all you guys who are having a summer right now, I demand pictures of blue skies and motorcycles in beautiful places where you live. Tell us what its like to be in warm temperatures and how beautiful the sky looks on that awesome summer day. I need this to keep sane while I wait.

BTW I also bought a second motorcycle in November (A Honda ST1300) which I haven't even had a chance to ride yet, so this winter is even more sucky then usual.

It's not all it's cracked to be. Have you any idea just how hot the seat can get, sitting in the sun? Should be right this long weekend (Australia Day) 'coz my arse will be covering it as I ride to the coast. :)

Having lived both sides of the Equator, I can assure you I would take beautiful summer days with out rain instead of ice cold frozen days we have here half the year. Have you ever shoveled a driveway covered in ice and snow, scrape your car windows to get rid of ice before work, salt your driveway and walkway because its solid ice.. you get the picture. A hot seat is nothing!!

I've been saying for years that I need to change my latitude! I could really like somewhere I could ride comfortably year round.

I've been saying for years that I need to change my latitude! I could really like somewhere I could ride comfortably year round.

After living in Canada for 20 years, I've had enough... 6 months of winter is too long. Its almost unbearable!! Yeah I know I complain a lot about it but I jus't dont have any way of moving south.. I wish I did.

Be covering my gel seat with my arse this Australia Day weekend as well. Overnight Poker Run on.. ohh sunshine is warm and ... sunny . F#CK Marble Bar and it's 48 degree bullsh!t .. blackfella country :cool:

Back