Will not turn over,help needed please

andydep

.020 Over
HI,
when i turn on ignition only the rev counter sweeps,then when i try and start bike it feels like the battery is flat ,i have replaced battery,still the same and i can hear a clinking sound from under the tank which stops when i turn the throttle,i'm thinking maybe a relay as gone but not sure,any help appreciated thanks

Is it neutral position ok ? How about the foot pedal? Sometimes is in neutral but green light is not on a will not allowed you to start.... The battery is new? Rockets are very sensitive with voltage in your battery, even putting 2 batteries in series sometimes you will not be able to start it.

The cure, once you have determined the cause of your current (no pun intended) problem, is to keep the battery on a trickle charger at all times when it is not being used, especially in cold weather, say, below 40 degrees F. If you do so in the future, you will not need any sort of fancy or more powerful battery than the OEM type you currently have.

If you look at the manual you can see the relays that can stop your bike from turning over. There is a relay actuated by the starter button that closes another relay that puts battery power to the starter motor. In some cases the starter ground mounting can corrode enough to prevent the starter from getting enough amps to spin the motor. Start there by cleaning both terminals and then checking the battery terminals are clean and tight. After that we get into the various parts that prevent the starter from engaging (like clutch switch, kickstand switch, yadayada). ;)

One other note, make sure your kill switch is in RUN.:eek:

getting there...

changed the starter relay,bike fired straight up,speedo not working (not sweeping ,both engine lights on and milage reading 8888888888 ) any idea's

cheers

Take the connections off the Battery and leave for a little ,now reconnect,should be good to go.

I especially love these hi- tech, complex solutions. The other one I like is the "leave it overnight and see".
Although not the cause of the OP's problem, Battery tender is definitely a must if you get cold weather. Mine will be dead anytime temp drops near freezing, even if in a garage. First year not so bad but getting progressively worse each winter.. Warm weather it's strong as an ox. Of course you'd expect a Pommie bike to be cold sensitive....:rolleyes:

Back