Why would anyone do this ?????

ant

Turbocharged
Ride
Triumph rocket 3 2007
A few days ago i thought i would remove the tank knee pads from the rocket as one was starting to lift off and didn't really like the look them.Thought i would start with the one that was starting to lift so i grabbed it and pulled and without too much effort it came off leaving sticky pads on the tank,didn't look anything like this was the original way the pad would have been stuck on and someone had problems with it..The sticky pads were removed from the tank using my thumb and came off easily next i gave the area i good clean and then noticed a couple of little dots or lumps on the paint,after scratching my head a few times and thinking the worst... it turns out that a clever previous owner has only tried to stick the corner of the pad with SUPER GLUE what a T**T of all the thinks he could have done or used.

Lucky for me it's only a couple a small dots and cannot really be noticed unless you catch them in the light and you know where to look.Don't think i will even attempt to remove them.

The other pad came off no problem and paint work under there was perfect..

So far the death toll in Nepal is around 3600 and counting , sorta puts things in perspective , maybe if you use a soft cutting compound your dots will disappear :)

So far the death toll in Nepal is around 3600 and counting , sorta puts things in perspective , maybe if you use a soft cutting compound your dots will disappear :)

Yes your point has been taken..my problem is only very minor..i have used a compound on the area and it's slightly better.

I only posted to say that some people don't really think about what they are doing...like using super glue on paintwork..Could have been worse i suppose he could have used a screw lol.

Could be worse ,the paint may have blistered ,how do you think Chan and Sukumarun feel sitting in a cell on Nusakambangan Island waiting for the Firing squad, after 10 years of waiting for a reprieve, and here am I whingeing about my lousy brake pads.:(

Sounds like a good excuse to get a full custom paint job that might have been overshadowed by the 3600 deaths in Nepal and a couple of blokes on death row in Bali.

Back