What GPS do you recommend.

Garmin Zumo 660 is POS

I bought the 660 and the voice went dead after about 8 months when I updated the map. The media player won't work and the unit won't charge on the motocycle mount.

Garmin has refused to do anything about fixing it.

It is virtually worthless on the bike as the screen is invisible in the glare of daylight ( any daylight, not just direct sun).
Since I can't see it, the loss of the audio makes the unit worthless.

I will not buy a Garmin product again !!

I have the Garmin Zumo 660, as Warp and others have said, they are expensive for what is basically a Nuvi. But having said that mine came with everything you need both for on-bike and in-car use and it works very well.

Gps

If yours had problems after 8 months it should have been covered under warranty.
The warranty is 1 year.
You need to register it for the warranty to take effect.
I have never had a problem with any Garmin I have owned, however I have never owned a Nuvi 660.
Maybe you got a lemon.
Your only other choices would be a Magellen or TomTom, and they are even worse.

If you have a smartphone with Google maps, you can buy a RAMJACK handlebar mount for about $40.00 and use your phone as a GPS unit. That's what I'm doing, and it's been working great for over a year now. PM me if you want to know more, but using a device you likely already have sure as hell beats paying $600 for a Garmin...

I'm running the Garman Nuvi 1690 I bought this one because it will do multiple waypoints one, the I had earlier would only do one. I got it from Amazon, I bought a handle bar mount and adapted it up. I like it extremely well and I just carry a zip lock bag in case it rains. I'm too cheap to buy the fancy ones :cool:

I havea couple of the Garmin Zumo 550 units and yes they must qualify as pricey. Water proof, shock proof, mp3, blue tooth compatible, and satilite radio if you desire. Never had a problem with either of the two units. Bought the first one in 07 no problems the second one is a hand me down and woks fine also. I keep one on each Rocket and bought a cheapy for the hummer.

The Garmin 550 is the best. the only thing it doesn't do is give you the temperature. ;)I know BMW gives them along with the purchase of their new bikes. I bought mine new awhile back it's water proof,that's what sold me on it. Look around on Craigs List or E-bay. After i paid $700.00 for mine some guy on craigs list was selling one for $250.. new in the box:mad: it came with his new BMW and he didn't want it. Check out your local tow truck drivers they rape cars of everything that isn't bolted down. I got a nice Garmin for $50.00 from a driver who had ten is his truck.

Garmin Zumo 550 Video Review part 1 - YouTube

Best GPS for Motorcycles With Costumer Reviews - YouTube

I have an el cheapo I bought from Aldi's, 2 years trouble free uses where-is maps and apart from tell me the wrong direction around roundabout in one of the screen views it is fine just got to read it better sometimes, there has been one or two rider/reader errors:eek:

Back