Warning to all NEW R3R owners

V8villan

.020 Over
It's important you know that owning a R3R is going to ruin you for any other bike, and very likely going to blow a hole in your diary on every day the sun is shining

Please also allow plenty of talk time for when you are in a petrol station or stood near the bike... People want to know if you are riding some mythical creature from the times gone bye...

Furthermore, if you are moving from a cruiser type bike to an R3R ensure that your bike brain is re-calibrated. These machines are awesome.

I purchased mine on June 1st, 8 weeks later I'd put 5,000 miles on the clock and made numerous new (envious) friends.

If you are waiting for your R3R, get ready for a new beginning...

If you're thinking of getting one... don't delay, there are are mind blowing times waiting for you.

Enjoy...

a pic or two below from my recent trip to Italy...

a moment to pause and take in the scenery while traveling the Stelvio Pass

We did it! The most breathtaking, frighting, exhilarating intimidating, exciting piece of road I've ever ridden...

V8villan,
Welcome to the R3R experience. I was exactly where you are one June before and feel exactly the same about it. Well said and count me as another who is envious of your Italy ride.
1olbull

Personally, I find your bike to be really sharp. I haven't seen that paint combination. The matt and white stripe work.

I purchased my 2013 R3T a year ago in May on my birthday for a cross country trip. Since then I have put over 30,000 miles on her. Never enjoyed a motorcycle more!!!

I guess living in Europe has it's advantages being able to ride in some beautiful ares. Nice scenary. But traveling aeound the U.S. is quite a bit of fun too. North Carolina and the Blaxk Hills are two of my favorites so far. Yosemite and Yellowstone are pretty awesome too.

But I would love to ride the Alps:D

Glad you are another poster child for the R3:D:D:D

I'm sure I will have the exact same thoughts, next month I get mine.....then it's time to get the wife on the back and to go do some serious touring in Europe

I do have an awesome bike now to be fair, the KTM SMT is a great bike, but I fell for the sheer grunt factor of the rocket and will soon have both in the garage :D

if any of you big boys wish to ship and ride in europe with your R3 ring me up I will give you all the nuts and bolts on how to do it from north americaa I have done it in 2010 and spent 3 months of incredible riding (15 000kms) all over the alps matter of facts I posted a bunch of pictures on " riding in paradise thread" on this forum

Back