Transmission problem

TheMadScientist

Supercharged
I have a 2006 rocket that I bought recently. It has popped out of gear a couple of times. I know there were issues with the earlier models. Is there a fix for this ? A rebuild or upgrade? I would like to make my rocket more bullet proof one area at a time. Any advice is appreciated.

Does it pop out of more then one gear or just one. Believe me this is important as one is a simple fix the other even though simple is more expensive and time consuming

I am woundering about this too mine pops out sometimes going into sec if I'm on it hard dealer said there was nothing wrong when I ask about it

If the bike isn't moving, ALWAYS let the clutch out in neutral before engaging 1st, especially just after starting. It should clunk into gear. If there's no clunk it will probably pop out of first. If it hasn't clunked, just work the clutch out a little and press it into 1st again. It should clunk. If you're moving when you engage 1st, it should be OK.

If it's popping out of 2nd or other gears it could be the detent spring. Do not let this go unchecked for long as it could be catastrophic. Relatively simple(ish) fix which can be done without removing the engine, so don't let your dealer/repairer tell you that they have to do so.

good to know its under warr. still I just thought I'd take it in agian soon and grip some more about it like I said only does it if I am on it hard they said they could not get it to do it but I dont think they even tried got a dealer 130 miles a way going to go see them instead of the on 60 miles where I bought it they seem to only want to work on bmw the other dealer does not do bmw

I should have said mine only ever popped out if I was accelerating hard. Did it about 3 times before I worked out why. You just need to hear/feel that clunk as it goes into 1st to be sure.

Cann why was it poping out of 2 nd that is what mine does sometimes I dont want to take over thread but if your was doing it and you fixed it I'd like to know

If you put the words detent spring in the search section you will see where there is a lot written about r3,s with similar problems . Warp 9,9 has explained this possible situation supported by photos

As I said above, if it's popping out of second or other gears, it could be a broken detent spring. As I recall, it can be fixed from the front of the engine. My sump had to come off too because they couldn't find all the bits. You'll know it's the spring if the changer has gone sloppy and it won't stay in gear/s.

Back