Technical help needed

scowherd

Top Fuel
I was browsing through the photo gallery and found this pic. I am the least mechnical person I know when it comes to motors. Can some one point me in the right direction I want the intake and the nos system in the photo below. Can someone help me with cost estimates and a suggestion or two on someone to do the work I don't mind to travel.

Dont know for sure but it kinda looks like an under the seat "cheater system" that NOS puts out for tuners . . . (little cars) but I would have no idea how the thing is set up. Usually small fogger nozzles in the intake manifold is how it works on cars. But then you also have to pour more fuel to it as well if the foggers are big enough. Whoever built the system would have to provide that info. Seems to me I saw info in the Performance section a few months back . . .

Why do you want N2O? Burn up your engine? For the filters, just take off the intake manifold and strap them onto the throttle bodies. There are explicit instructions somewhere on this site.

If I remember correctly, that is/was an early member's bike. Grandpa, I believe? Anyway, I believe the N2O bottle is more for show than go.. Might be some other's who remember...

Steve,
140 horsepower ain't enough for you?
Heck man, just get a turbo and double the horsepower, double the fun.
I also need your e-mail so I can send these pictures I just got back today.

Am I wacky or does he have the jack pad sitting on the starter? That would be a real good way to break the rear engine case.

I don't know what kind of filters those are but I am running K&N RU-1770's which look similar. The filters in the picture may not be K&N's because they have chrome tops. The owner of that bike may have found some chrome disks and glued them on. Also, he took his stock bearclaw and cut out holes for his filters. This leads me to believe those filters are not RU-1770's because I really don't have room for much of a bearclaw. The RU-1770's work because they have a 20 degree angle on the flange and you mount them angled forward so your knee doesn't hit them when you are riding.

Here is a pic of my bike:

The bottle you see is the coolant overflow jug, when you put on individual air filters you will have to devise a new coolant bottle. You will also have to remove the stock air intake system.

None of this is very hard to do, you just need to find a mechanically inclined buddy to help you out locally.

Bottles can be found at places like JEGS:

Catch Cans & Expansion Tanks

Or Summit:

Link Removed

As far as the Nitrous goes... those setups can also be found at JEGS or Summit. If you have a local high performance car shop that would be a good place to visit. I have to think that most of those NOS systems are a custom install. You'll probably blow your motor up if you actually use it. It looks evil though, doesn't it :D

This may be the kit in your picture:

NOS Sneeky Pete Hidden Nitrous System - JEGS

It says it's for a carburetor however, so the one in your pic may not be hook ed up or it may be a custom install made up of individual parts.

Last edited:
I found that photo...

That looks like those filters are the RU-1770's with some nice chrome disks glued on the top. He cut the bearclaw away mostly at the top and put some edging around it. It looks nice, I may have to copy that :D.

You can see his NOS better also. It almost looks like some custom brackets are used to mount it to the frame.

Tom,
I would have to say that he used the bits he cut out of the bearclaw and fabbed them into disks for the top. And yeah it does look like its sitting on the starter!!!!:cool:

mutt

I PM'd the owner but he hasn't been on here since 2006. The PM system should shoot a notification to his E Mail but no response so far.

If he cut those disks out of the bearclaw he is good. I think that area he cut out has large ridges and isn't flat. Those almost look like baby moons or some sort of centercap.

Back