Called my bluff eh mate. Touché :oops:

I said I scan and evaluate and to much speed is not safe. I never said I always practice all the rules of safety. I do go fast at times but not all the time.:thumbsup:

I like my blasts, but I'm very selective of conditions. I'm lucky to have both in Florida and NY local areas with no houses or intersecting roads where I consider it "safe" for high speed runs.

Gratuitous boot pic for Doc. Local hillbilly belle Kimber.

IMG_20200226_214955890.jpg

Last edited:
I like that, “take control” and I’ll raise you stay in in control.:sneaky:
So you're out on your new Rocket and you get off to fuel it up. Along comes a Harley fanatic that decides he wants to sit on your new Rocket. You tell him to get off but he declines and says no. Are you going to walk away and 'stay in control' or are you going to 'take control' of the situation? ;) (don't say both either!)

Rule 1. Assume nobody can see you and will cut you off at any moment
Rule 2. Get in front and stay there
Rule 3. Corollary to (and reason for) rule 2; Don't let yourself get boxed in by cars

If practical I try to see the eyes of the cager that's about to pull onto the road in front of me.
If I can't see where they are looking I slow down.

So you're out on your new Rocket and you get off to fuel it up. Along comes a Harley fanatic that decides he wants to sit on your new Rocket. You tell him to get off but he declines and says no. Are you going to walk away and 'stay in control' or are you going to 'take control' of the situation? ;) (don't say both either!)

Uh no one sits on my bike. I almost hit scotinexile when he sat on it. And that was when he bought it from me!

Take a motorcycle safety course. Lots of good information to be had in one weekend, and it will reduce your insurance costs forever. Better yet, become an MSF instructor. It's the most fun I've ever had.
I have been a MSF instructor for many a year, I teach BRC, (update) ARC, bike bonding, three-wheelers, etc, etc, the only time I see what we call civilians is during the BRC course in order to get their motorcycle license and that is usually the last you see of them.
The Advanced Riders Course (ARC) is open for anyone who wants to take it but as it costs $100(8hr course) and is not required we very very very seldom have civilians take it, our ARC classes are filled with Military guys /gals as they are ordered to take a refresher course about every three years and this is the easiest one for them.
Tripps(Chris) was talking to me about coming over and taking the ARC course but as the military fills the class(max 12) it is near impossible to get him in.

Back