Ridin' in the rain!

Tank

Supercharged
I don't consider myself a fair weather rider but.......... The worst part about riding in the rain has to be cleaning the bike afterwards......

I think I'm going to limit my rain riding this year. Who else agrees?

Hell no. I'll ride in rain And get my bike filthy if it means I can enjoy a great ride! I wouldn't go out if it was clearly bad weather. But if it just happens to while I'm out and it's a surprise, who cares!

I don't like riding in high wind gusts, other than that everything else is fair game,

I love the rain, cleaning the bike is one of the joys of ownership

Never really minded riding in the rain unless its pretty cold out. Actually rain in the summer here is usually a welcome relief from the heat and you are dry again in about 10 minutes. I don't even carry rain gear in the summer time. I typically don't plan rides during hurricanes or thunderstorms, but other than that I don't pay too much attention to what the weather man says...they are usually wrong anyway.

Since I got to know Rainman and STB, I clean it whenever and I ride it in freaking down pours and have ridden in vivid lightning striking way to close by, but kept gettin it anyway. Ask Lori, She has been on a couple rides like that with me. I thought she was going to bail out once while in motion on the backside of Grandfather Mountain once upon a time.

Riding in the rain is fine with proper gear, but I have to admit I'm not a polisher at heart. Still, I'll pay for a nice week-long ride with a half-a-day worth of washing, scrubbing and polishing, though.

I love the rain, cleaning the bike is one of the joys of ownership

Agree! When I step out for a ride, if it's raining the rain suite goes on. If it looks like rain then the rain suite is in the saddlebag. I find that riding in the rain is one of this motorcycle skills that need to be developed and refined. I love to travel by motorcycle so wet weather riding is just one of the experiences.

As for cleaning, maybe I'm a freak but I love detailing my ride. it's a good way to identify if there is a problem developing.

I like riding in the rain, so long as traffic is minimum. Cagers go blind and forget how to drive the second the weather becomes slightly less than ideal. Anyway... Riding in the rain is great, until I have to get off the bike.

Back