Rear wheel clean up.

Punker

.040 Over
Ride
Trimph Rocket 3 Classic
Hi guys.

The guy who had my classic before me looks to have never cleaned the rear wheel because of the leather bags were in the way. Ive taken the bags off for the time being and the rear wheel has lots of pitting around the rim and also large scratches that lets the look of the bike down. I've tried using Solvo autosol but this didn't really touch the marks.

So I know that you guys have a wealth of experience on all things great, do you have any ideas on what can be done to remove the scratches? the wheels are unlaquered and I don't want to go down the powder coated rim route either.

Thanks.

Punker.

Easiest,quickest,best,cheapest way is to buy a spare set and get them refurbed then swap them over.....I bought a spare set and had them powder coated .....just fitted them yesterday so you are in luck....I have a set for sale ;0)

Purple Polish works a treat .. not sure about where you are but in Australia it's sold through Mack truck dealerships .. brought my rims up like new .. before I too had them powder coated.

Not to try to hyjack this thread, but does this Purple Polish remove whatever coating the wheels have on them from the factory. Mine are in overall good condition, but there are a few spots that are stained a wee bit. I'm afraid to use anything other than soap, or spray wax as I once used a clear coat safe pre-wax cleaner on my last bikes wheels(VTX 1800) and it removed whatever factory coating they had on them.

Pretty sure the Standard wheels (pre-Roadster) didn't have any 'factory coating' on them, none I noticed anyway. There was no lacquer type coating like they coat Harley wheels with that's for sure.

Back