Rear diff oil change

Jascen

.020 Over
Ride
2005 Rocket 3
I recently hit 30,000 miles and have decided to completely change all fluids, can I run Mobil 1 LS 75w90 or do I need to run the SCH 75W90,will the limited slip additive be a problem?

I am looking forward to an replies.....I was recently at the dealer getting some oil change supplies before the winter lay up and asked the parts guy about what fluid to use in the rear end. He said any 75w90 oil would be fine. I do have several bottles of syn. 75w90 left over from vehicles I no longer own but I wanted to research this a little more before I just dumped in any old automotive oil.

I am looking forward to an replies.....I was recently at the dealer getting some oil change supplies before the winter lay up and asked the parts guy about what fluid to use in the rear end. He said any 75w90 oil would be fine. I do have several bottles of syn. 75w90 left over from vehicles I no longer own but I wanted to research this a little more before I just dumped in any old automotive oil.

I use Castrol Syntrax Universal plus 75W-90 API GL5 Full Synthetic, considering the small amount of lubricant in the final drive case a Quality oil is a must.

I swapped mine out at the 5K mark when I did an oil change. I don't think you can go wrong with Bel-Ray Gear Saver Full Synthetic 75-90. I actually swapped it out a second time after some miles to get that nasty factory crap out. By the way, I just did my most recent oil change near the 10k mark getting ready to put the bike away for the winter. My bike doesn't use any oil, but I still think the oil I took out was plenty dirty. I would not do the recommended 10k interval oil changes, as I think that is stretching it out to far.

Change your rear diff when you change your oil. I do mine every 5.000 miles or once per year which every comes first. The rear diff takes about 6 oz.. so just change it annually.

Change your rear diff when you change your oil. I do mine every 5.000 miles or once per year which every comes first. The rear diff takes about 6 oz.. so just change it annually.

Good advice....I'll do mine again in the spring when the temps warm up and the 75-90 lube is running a little more free. I would have done mine at the last oil change but it been cold. I use a little outboard motor stern drive lubrication pump for doing mine. It make getting the lube in a piece of cake.

I recently hit 30,000 miles and have decided to completely change all fluids, can I run Mobil 1 LS 75w90 or do I need to run the SCH 75W90,will the limited slip additive be a problem?
Seeing as the Rockets don't have a diff I'd hesitate to put any oil in it that had additives for limited slip differential clutches. Just use a synthetic 75w/90 gear oil in the final drive unit.

Going to use this.
5FC5B18C-0748-4982-8399-18D807409BD5.jpeg

Back