Ramair /induction noise ?

TOMCAT

Rage against the machine
Ride
2009 RIII Standard - 2008 Speed Triple -1995 900 T'Bird
Now that a few Owners are running the Ramair just wondering if the induction noise (chirping) is like the underclaw K&N filters. Anyone actually swapped from the K&N set-up to Ramair .. what do you reckon ?

Haven't ridden mine yet still at Fred's. Did notice more induction noise and a slight chirping noise just of idle when I started it and ran it with no claw on. Everything was a lot noisier with no claw, the noise the ecu makes when the gauges sweep and the little squark it does about 10 seconds after you turn it off for example.

The title of your post needs to be edited.....strike out noise and replace it with music!

There's 2 types of sound increase you get with triples. One is a bit of a roar, which some people might call music, and the other is known as crickets. It's a sort of annoying, squeaking sound that if you're lucky you can over look but it's hardly pleasant. I didn't really let it get to me but for a lot of people it's annoying to the point of being unbearable. Now that I've got rid of the crickets there's no way I'd tolerate them again. The roar on the other hand that I get from my intake is fantastic. :D

But the Ozclaw killed your crickets?

True enough .. but I'd like to put my stock black bear claw back on with the graphite paintjob. Won't be doing that until a solution to the chirpings found. Ain't going to put up with that after the peace and quiet of Les's claw.

True enough .. but I'd like to put my stock black bear claw back on with the graphite paintjob. Won't be doing that until a solution to the chirpings found. Ain't going to put up with that after the peace and quiet of Les's claw.
why not ask Les about the shrink wrap style carbon graphite stuff that they use I know he has done one of his claws in a chrome wrap stuff

I just fitted mine last week and the noise from the intake seems quite loud (I hear it over my exhaust). I'm going to try it out for a couple weeks and if it gets to be too much, it will be coming off. In the video, at the 20 second mark it is most prevalent. I am curious if these are the same sounds everyone else is hearing?

Back