RAMAIR Filters bespoke Rocket-3 underclaw filter.

I am still having computer issues, with this site it now seems. On someone elses comp now. I really do not care who is a wanker or not or who thinks what looks cool or bad. I spent some of my time doing PERFORMANCE testing on the Ramair filter. I did not compare them with the underclaw K&N,s because I already know their limit. I did (as I said to Ruzz) compare them with the RU1770's back to back, same day same dyno, same operator etc etc. I found ONLY 1.2hp loss although about 2 to 3 ft lbs across the range. To my ( obviously limited) way of thinking, this is a very good result for those of you who wish to ride with the bearclaw still in place. The Ramair set up is well made, neat and will do 165hp on a stock engined Roadster with a Reband exhaust. As Russell quoted, I am fitting one to a bike in the next week or so, as well as my street cams,so that will be interesting. Not a direct comparison as this bike is a 2006 one with Jardine pipes. I have done enough of them to compare with others though. I believe there is nothing at all wrong with these filters, they are good in fact, and I am getting some in stock, for customers who want to retain their bearclaw. For the ones of you who want this stuff tested quicker, maybe buy one and test it yourself.

Neville, thank you for giving your important opinion about Ramair. Why Ramair sends prospective buyers begging for crucial, elementary information about its product mystifies me. I, for one, am on the verge of saying "to hell with Ramair" and not wasting more of my time trying to run down some hard numbers on that filter. Those numbers should have been available when Ramair began selling it instead of expecting us to send our money to it before the other shoe has dropped.

Further to this topic , I have just finished tuning a 2006 Classic with the Jardines of that day and my baby street cams. The RAMAIR filter worked very well, I ended up with a real smooth power curve and 172 hp and 163 feet of torque. I have never got better with this combo of parts. Bike started out with the exhaust on board, but stock style filter and a PC USB tune at 141hp. The owner will be pleasantly surprised I think to pick up 31hp and 23ft lbs for fun. Cams and filters and tune only. So now I have 5 RAMAIR filters on the shelf for those who wish to keep the bearclaw.

I ended up with a real smooth power curve and 172 hp and 163 feet of torque.
JEEZ!

I doubt I'm that high - I use Jardine headers and Sam's Thugs. But don't have your cams obviously.

But the smooth delivery is what I'd hoped for and got. - I knew mine had smoothed out and had also gained something.

Further to this topic , I have just finished tuning a 2006 Classic with the Jardines of that day and my baby street cams. The RAMAIR filter worked very well, I ended up with a real smooth power curve and 172 hp and 163 feet of torque. I have never got better with this combo of parts. Bike started out with the exhaust on board, but stock style filter and a PC USB tune at 141hp. The owner will be pleasantly surprised I think to pick up 31hp and 23ft lbs for fun. Cams and filters and tune only. So now I have 5 RAMAIR filters on the shelf for those who wish to keep the bearclaw.
would you say the RAMAIR is about the same as the UNIFILERS or do you think one is more free flowing the the other ?

I know - I've seen the piccies :p but it looks better in White on Les' bike.

Was hoping to see a black on black piccie. I'm having one anyway.

Posted this image on the "Thank You Les" Tread
20131115_092827-jpg.7139

Back