MiniSuperDuke

.040 Over
Ride
2016 Rocket
whats the best way to charge my phone while riding. I don't really want to mount it (although it would be nice to be able to use the nav) but most of the time just want to plug it in so its charging while I listen to some musica

There is a place for a charger just behind the motor on the left side (oil tank side). There's a black filler piece with a cut out for a plug. Triumph sells an outlet to go in here.

I picked up a standard cigarette lighter with snap-on cover from NAPA for less than 5 bucks. I did have to trim the hole a little, but the plug for the lighter plugged right into the wiring harness on the bike! I generally carry my phone in my saddlebag and run a standard car charger from this plug into my saddlebag. It works very well and I've had it for many years and through all kinds of weather.

There is a place for a charger just behind the motor on the left side (oil tank side). There's a black filler piece with a cut out for a plug. Triumph sells an outlet to go in here.

I picked up a standard cigarette lighter with snap-on cover from NAPA for less than 5 bucks. I did have to trim the hole a little, but the plug for the lighter plugged right into the wiring harness on the bike! I generally carry my phone in my saddlebag and run a standard car charger from this plug into my saddlebag. It works very well and I've had it for many years and through all kinds of weather.

Thank you much. Not as complicated as I thought..... Charge your stuff on your bike. - YouTube and I thought I had seen something directly from Triumph. I will likely set it up like you and carry the phone in saddlebag.

I picked up a standard cigarette lighter with snap-on cover from NAPA for less than 5 bucks. I did have to trim the hole a little, but the plug for the lighter plugged right into the wiring harness on the bike!

Ditto except I don't have saddlebags so I just stick the phone in my jacket pocket.

That makes sense that you had to trim the hole a little. Triumph has a genuine accessories auxilliary power socket, but it is european sized and not 12 v. The dealer thought they may have made one though and is checking on it before calling me back.

If that does not work, I will go to napa and see what they have. Hey TxRIIIRider, how did you trim the hole? cutting or just file it a little?

The Euro outlet is 12v and can be bought at any marina or most auto outlets for less than half the cost of Triumph's. Check out "Powerlet" as they have them and have a "how to" specifically for the Rocket. I went to a store similar to the Yanks Harborfrieght and bought a USB charger that hooks into the battery and has 5v power out for about $5.00

I just used a sharp knife. It didn't have to be trimmed very much. I've had it for years, through all kinds of weather and it still works great. I have my phone plugged into it right now in the parking lot.. :) (locked in my saddlebag of course)

That makes sense that you had to trim the hole a little. Triumph has a genuine accessories auxilliary power socket, but it is european sized and not 12 v. The dealer thought they may have made one though and is checking on it before calling me back.

If that does not work, I will go to napa and see what they have. Hey TxRIIIRider, how did you trim the hole? cutting or just file it a little?

I just used a sharp knife. It didn't have to be trimmed very much. I've had it for years, through all kinds of weather and it still works great. I have my phone plugged into it right now in the parking lot.. :) (locked in my saddlebag of course)

xlnt, how long of a cord is needed? I want to use the saddlebag too. 2 ft cord or is that too short?

3 foot would be better... I have a 2 ft right now and have to make sure there's enough crap in my saddlebag to get my phone closer to the top.. lol

Back