Non start but turns over

MIB

Standard Bore
Ride
Rocket 3
Hi I have a 2006 rocket 3 that doesn't start. On first attempt it splutters for 5 seconds then nothing. Engine turns over, Getting sparks and fuel. after first start the spark plugs are damp. Any help would be appreciated. cheers

Ive just noticed that this posted in the wrong thread but cant see how to delete.

Might have something to do with how long it's been standing, where it's parked, how often you ride, whether this has happened before, how old the fuel is, how long since it's been serviced, whether you've checked vacuum hoses and leads etc. Oh that's right, you haven't told us anything about you or the bike. This isn't a Dear Annie column you know.

Check the voltage in the battery,sounds like you've slipped below twelve volts.. If i don't keep my 2005 on the battery tender i get the same results.

Last edited:
In Oz we can buy a product called "start ya bastard" spray thus into your air intake, if it can fire briefly as you say - the ether in thus can should wake her up if you have an air fuel problem.

Hmmm. Are the air filters clean?

Back